Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The core rules say:

Rule 4.8.4 wrote:
... Whenever a cell is placed from the Funding track into a country with a cadre, remove the cadre. ...

The solo rules go on to say:
Rule 9.4.3 wrote:
When the flowcharts set up a situation where the Jihadists cannot use any operations value received from a card, instead:
• If the Funding track has a cell, the 1st operations value remaining automatically places one cell into a random country.

If the randomly chosen country contains a cadre, I'm guessing the cadre is removed because of rule 4.8.4?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
game_boy wrote:
If the randomly chosen country contains a cadre, I'm guessing the cadre is removed because of rule 4.8.4?

Yes. A country can either have a cadre or cells, but not both at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RitterFips wrote:
A country can either have a cadre or cells, but not both at the same time.

I'm not sure it's as simple as that. As a counter-example, from my reading of other threads, if a cell travels into a country that has a cadre, you don't remove the cadre. The only mention I can see in the rulebook about removing cadres is the one I quoted above, which doesn't include travel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad, you are right about travel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mb
Travel is travel, recruit/placement are recruit/placement, and if recruit removes a cadre, then 4.8.4 is valid for the placement also, I think, and I play solo consequently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.