11 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: New Death Star terrain for X-Wing Miniatures! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff McKelvy
msg tools
mb
Creat3DProps is proud to announce the release of our most ambitious project to date - The Death Star trench game board for the X-Wing Miniatures game by FFG! Choose from many different sized modular boards and create your ultimate X-Wing Miniatures experience! Creat3DProps also offers many accessories to go along with your X-Wing Miniatures Death Star experience. Check it out at www.creat3dprops.com and on Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1144673983/1985019737?t...
The Kickstarter campaign runs from 5 July - 4 August, 2017

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was rich, I'd buy it all. As is, too much $$ for me. Looks great though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great, but too expensive for me as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McKelvy
msg tools
mb
Hey, the prices for the terrain sets have been reduced on Kickstarter if you care to take a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McKelvy
msg tools
mb
Hey, the prices for the terrain sets have been reduced on Kickstarter if you care to take a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Becker
United States
Yardley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that it's hardly intended for tournament play, but I'd be very concerned about how slippery hard plastic on hard plastic would be. How difficult is precision on that setup?

Also at a $300 starting price, it's something I'd love to try at my local shop, but I could never justify the price. I just can't imagine playing the trench run scenario enough to make it worth while. If I had more room in my game room I'd consider it just as a display stand though. It looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McKelvy
msg tools
mb
The ship stands actually lay very flat no matter where they're placed on the terrain. Sure there are elevation differences with the various terrain features but overall its flat enough. Think of a bed of nails; very different elevations from the board to the tip of a nail yet you can lay a piece of paper on it flat. Same concept here. Glad you like the look!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc N
msg tools
mbmbmb
It appears that you are using a death star turret model from thingiverse that has a creative commons non-commercial license.

See: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1597633

I didn't see any attributions to the original designer of the model in the kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McKelvy
msg tools
mb
It appears that I used a similar model as a guide to create my own turret which at the time of downloading the reference model from thingiverse DID NOT have a commercial restriction. Siince I downloaded a version that you had modified, it also appears that you have since changed it to a non-commercial license since then. Do you deny recently changing that attribution? It also appears that I, in fact created my own turret from scratch via computer software and it also appears that I have this model (as newly created) pictured on one of my updates on Kickstarter thus making me the original designer of the model I'm using on Kickstarter. But you must be correct. EVERYTHING else I have on Kickstarter is made from scratch EXCEPT the turret that somehow I just couldn't for the life of me, create myself. It appears that you aren't the only one that can copy a turret design. Others appear to be able to do it as well, unless of course you yourself own the patent on the turret design. No? Then stop being silly. The next time you want to accuse someone of theft, get your facts straight first. And when you solicit this "Greybeard" character regarding "his" model and tell him that thre's someone using his model for profit when that isn't the case, it makes you look like an ass. Just because something looks like something else, it doesn't mean there's deception afoot. Here's my model. Could I have done this with a downloaded .stl file? Does he offer his file like this? No? Open mouth, insert foot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wythkyn wrote:
. . .

Wow...there's either more to this story or this was just an agressive rant. I don't think I'd want to support someone if it were the latter...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McKelvy
msg tools
mb
There's absolutely more to the story. He's the third person to come to me telling me that I stole his turret design. Sorry, but I'm just getting tired of being accused of thievery by multiple people for the same item. As if there aren't a hundred different versions of the turbolaser which all have similar characteristics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.