Popular Tags: [View All]
Narciso Jaramillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure I need to spoiler this, but...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
When using Hiding Place to ignore an encounter, do you still reset the noise to 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played it as yes. The card in question specifically says 'Do not draw residents card' and on the first page of Scavenging in the Journal where this is addressed resetting the noise is a distinct element from drawing a resident card, both triggered by a roll equal to or less than the noise level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd agree. I think thematically, the noise finally attracts the attention of some residents, they fail to locate your characters in their hiding space, they assume they were mistaken or that your characters have already left the area, and you're good to keep exploring in relative safety. Relative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fuentes
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Yes. This is clarified in entry 600 in the book of scripts.
"If a rule allows you to ignore a drawn residents card, the noise is still reduced to 1 due to the encounter being triggered."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narciso Jaramillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mfuen046 wrote:
Yes. This is clarified in entry 600 in the book of scripts.
"If a rule allows you to ignore a drawn residents card, the noise is still reduced to 1 due to the encounter being triggered."

Ah, I forgot to re-look at the faq. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.