Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

The Lost Expedition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blue symbols rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
If it has two optional blue symbols do you do either one of them or can you do both if you want?

Also when it says swap symbol is the only one that is optional is this in any coloured box? as it says you have to do the yellow boxes so the wording in that is confusing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Doesn't the swap symbol mean that you can swap cards around that come after the card you are resolving?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Molloy
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mb
DragonFly90 wrote:
If it has two optional blue symbols do you do either one of them or can you do both if you want?


Treat each blue box as a distinct option.

DragonFly90 wrote:
Also when it says swap symbol is the only one that is optional is this in any coloured box? as it says you have to do the yellow boxes so the wording in that is confusing.


The swap is the only symbol which is always optional. If there's a swap in a red or yellow box you can choose to ignore it if you wish.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Thank you for yr replies cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Andrews
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dunc wrote:
DragonFly90 wrote:
If it has two optional blue symbols do you do either one of them or can you do both if you want?

Treat each blue box as a distinct option.


To clarify, you are saying that if there are two blue boxes that you may only choose one of them? Makes sense, but my initial read of the rule made it sound like you could choose to do any/all.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Molloy
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mb
DougA wrote:
Dunc wrote:
DragonFly90 wrote:
If it has two optional blue symbols do you do either one of them or can you do both if you want?

Treat each blue box as a distinct option.


To clarify, you are saying that if there are two blue boxes that you may only choose one of them? Makes sense, but my initial read of the rule made it sound like you could choose to do any/all.


I'm saying the opposite:

Each blue box is a distinct option. You choose to ignore or take each blue box individually. You could choose either, both or neither.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Andrews
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for clarifying.
Of course now I see in the Rules to Remember section the very clear rule that you can do any number of blue boxes.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are two blue optional actions, can they be done in any order?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rickard
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
You still solve them left to right.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Molloy
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mb
skeletonhat wrote:
If there are two blue optional actions, can they be done in any order?


Yes, you can choose the order of the blue boxes, but you must take the actions within the box in order.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunc wrote:

Yes, you can choose the order of the blue boxes, but you must take the actions within the box in order.


Thank you, this was my intended question, I see how Rickhard misunderstood
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.