The Voyages of Marco Polo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Free movement on the bonus tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

The free Movement on the bonus tile is it mandatory?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe so because what if you couldn't pay a cost (camels or coins) if your piece is on a path that has those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Yes i think so but if i have camels or coins and i don't want pay! i can?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find it in the rules but I would say this; a "bonus" should never be treated like a penalty, in that light I'd say if you want to pass on the bonus (even though you may have the resources) then you should be able to pass on that bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't get there from here?
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
The free Movement on the bonus tile is it mandatory
No, but if you are completing the contract when you are unable to take advantage of it you are playing quite poorly IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
misteralan wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
No, but if you are completing the contract when you are unable to take advantage of it you are playing quite poorly IMHO.

Not necessarily. It might be your last contract of the game and you would be better off keeping those camels you would have needed for that movement and which you could instead trade for goods or money to net points at game end if the single movement doesn't give you any particular gain and you only went for that contract because you had the right goods for it and it was the only one available and it would give you the majority bonus of 7VPs... you just couldn't really use the movement action... just an example...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah but no but yeah but
Pedrator wrote:
misteralan wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Not necessarily. It might be your last contract of the game and you would be better off keeping those camels you would have needed for that movement and which you could instead trade for goods or money to net points at game end if the single movement doesn't give you any particular gain and you only went for that contract because you had the right goods for it and it was the only one available and it would give you the majority bonus of 7VPs... you just couldn't really use the movement action... just an example...
Well the last turn is a very special case, but given you can fulfil a contract at any time you are in play it is generally true that failing to take advantage of free movement is poor play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
misteralan wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:

I believe the question is about the bonus 'Gift' tiles in the mini-expansion, not about Contract tiles with free movement on them. As the Gifts are randomly drawn, you could be granted the free movement at an inconvenient time.

In answer to the original question, I don't believe you should ever be forced to take a reward you don't want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Olander
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
TheBigLigginski wrote:

I believe the question is about the bonus 'Gift' tiles in the mini-expansion, not about Contract tiles with free movement on them. As the Gifts are randomly drawn, you could be granted the free movement at an inconvenient time.

In answer to the original question, I don't believe you should ever be forced to take a reward you don't want.

gifts from the expansion can be saved for whenever you want to use them (during your own turn) - only those with a lightning must be handed in immediately, and the extra move doesnt have a lightning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Per Olander wrote:
TheBigLigginski wrote:

gifts from the expansion can be saved for whenever you want to use them (during your own turn) - only those with a lightning must be handed in immediately, and the extra move doesnt have a lightning

Ya learn something new every day.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
United States
Rocky Hill
CT
flag msg tools
To be vulnerable ...
badge
... is needed most of all.
mbmb
misteralan wrote:
Pedrator wrote:
misteralan wrote:
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Well the last turn is a very special case, but given you can fulfil a contract at any time you are in play it is generally true that failing to take advantage of free movement is poor play.
Was it really necessary to confirm twice that something the OP was asking about doing is "poor play"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.