6 Posts

Legendary: X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Phoenix Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Dobmeyer
msg tools
mbmbmb
So do I understand some of Phoenix's cards correctly? Her basics are ultimately a 1 time use card because you need to KO it to get the recruit or phase points? Obviously her mid-level card can resurrect one of the basics, but that's the only way to keep them from being 1 time use?

Then on Phoenix's best card, do you always have to do Berserk x4? I mainly play with my kids and we just play pure co-op style. So having Phoenix give you the win and everybody else the loss is undesirable. But I can't tell if Berserk is optional. Not to mention KO'ing 4 heroes could break your hand if you don't win. So can I use her 6 attack without doing Berserk?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Berserk is not optional, and Phoenix is a dangerous hero to use. Maybe leave that one out when the scheme has you lose after X non-grey heroes in the KO pile.

(It would have been cool if one of her commons was grey.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="ToddAtWSU"]So do I understand some of Phoenix's cards correctly? Her basics are ultimately a 1 time use card because you need to KO it to get the recruit or phase points? Obviously her mid-level card can resurrect one of the basics, but that's the only way to keep them from being 1 time use?

You are correct about Phoenix having those KO and revive cards. However, she is not the only Hero who can bring back KO'd cards, but she is the only one in this particular expansion.

Regarding the second question, as Scott mentioned, Berzerk is not optional. Unless a Keyword/Power uses the word "may", then they MUST be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Dobmeyer
msg tools
mbmbmb
But I can choose to not play Phoenix this turn if her phasing or recruit points don't help me, at which point I can discard her for later, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, you always have the option to play some, all, or none of your cards during your turn. The key things to remember is: no matter what, at the end of your turn, you must discard everything (played or not), except Artifacts, and draw a new hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ToddAtWSU wrote:
Her basics are ultimately a 1 time use card because you need to KO it to get the recruit or phase points?

In the confines of her cards, yes it's the only way to get those commons back. They are really strong though.

If you have the Secret Wars Vol 2 set you can also use Phoenix Force Cyclops's uncommon to get them back, and also Soulsword Colossus's Rare.

There's probably some other cards, like Mastermind tactics and stuff like that where you can get a Hero from the KO pile as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.