Subject: Pigs in stead of Meeple? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone use a pig to claim a farm and not place the Meeple? It would be like added an extra meeple, but one that can only be used once for a specific thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
Does anyone use a pig to claim a farm and not place the Meeple? It would be like added an extra meeple, but one that can only be used once for a specific thing.

I'm not sure I unserstand your question. What meeple are you talking about?

The pig can only be placed on a farm where you already have a meeple, and does not count as a meeple for the purpose of claiming a feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xipuloxx wrote:
The pig can only be placed on a farm where you already have a meeple, and does not count as a meeple for the purpose of claiming a feature.

Correct as I understand the rules. I was asking, does anyone use the pig instead of the meeple. Then, at most, you'd only get one farm total. Placement would be more critical and it would have the effect of giving you and extra meeple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So you're suggesting using the pig as a special meeple instead of having farmers? In that case this should be in the Variants forum. meeple

For those who aren't keen on the way farmers work I can see this might be an interesting alternative.

But I personally wouldn't like it, because the jockeying for farms is part of what makes the game interesting to me; choosing when and where to sacrifice a meeple for the rest of the game, trying to find ways to connect farms so you can share/steal someone else's, looking to snap up a small farm toward the end of the game when you're unlikely to be able to finish anything more valuable...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't think of the variant forum but you may be right. Either way thanks for your input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You're welcome! cool I've flagged this thread as being in the wrong forum so hopefully a mod will move it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.