Subject: Speed of Play, and # of Turns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
Are we reading the rules that the # of turns is 10-9-10 for 2-3-4 players?

a) The game seems to be over just the time we're getting up to speed.

b) Why are the # of turns different for three players? Changing it just seems to confuse new players.

We play mostly 2-3 player.

Yes, you can change the # of turns however you like. We're just asking about the published rules.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siyano Fisher
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
yeah the number of turn is 9-10-9 for 2-3-4 players
because its to make the number of rolls all equivalent or almost
2 players you roll the dice 2 times per player per round (2*2*9=36)
3 players is 3*10 so 30, if it was 9 turn it would be 27
and 4 is 4*9 so 36
I would even do 12 turn in 3 players to even out at 36 rolls
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And with regard to a), I think this is a feature of the game...in other similar games, it's always better to build up money first, then create an engine, then execute the engine. This game seems to be built to allow variations on that pattern (e.g., opting for early VP generation over gold generation is not an auto-loss)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Libellud Team
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
The only time you have 10 rounds is in 3 players games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so I was watching the Funagain Games stream, they all rolled just once per round, but the rules, and this thread seems to suggest that everyone rolls every single player's turn. I was thinking this would move things too fast, but I guess if you only have 9 or 10 rounds, it actually generates a rather fast economy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Yes all players roll their dice at every single player's turn not at the beginning of a round. It would be really hard if it was not the case
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played one three-player game so far, none at 2 or 4, but it felt almost exactly the right length - short enough to be interesting and pressured, but long enough to get something going. Having said that, an extra round or two would not hurt.

The players on the other table had made what seems to be a common mistake - only roll on yr own turn - and their game was much slower and had much, much less progression as a result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.