Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Next Batch to Release in October Last I Heard, but What? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Goodwin
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I am not an original backer so I cannot post on the Kickstarter page, but last I heard they were planning on releasing their second wave of the game in October, which I am sure will be pushed off. I do not know what they are intending to include in this second wave though, is it the stretch goals, some stretch goals, the retailer expansions, some of the other expansions, etc? Has anyone seen any word on this, or have any suggestions how to sift through all the posts to find this myself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the base game shipped without stretch goals for backers so in October stretch goals add ons an expansions and retailer expansions are supposed to ship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC everything left will be shipped in wave 2. So all stretch goals and add-ons. They won't want to split shipping again or risk cutting into their margins due to additional shipping costs.

I'd also bet that wave 2 shipping will be delayed from October considering wave 1 shipping is still happening in Asia, Australia/NZ, South America, Italy and Spain. Also it's a lot more work coordinating shipping the mixed packages (add-ons) than just base games by language.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Howe
United States
El Sobrante
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I love the game I have to agree that they really dropped the ball when it came to fulfillment and I'm very worried about wave 2, as it is going to be much more complex logistically. As you've stated, there will be a lot of variation as to what goes into each package.

My guess is that they'll start with the "all-in" pledges as they will be the easiest to sort out and go from there. That is how ship naked handled the Conan fulfillment. Speaking of which, they really should consider engaging ship naked for the remainder of this campaign, as well as future ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.