Subject: Helmet Of Invisibility and Mirror of the Abyss Heroic Feats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Gillespie
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Our group seemed to have a lot of questions surrounding the Helmet of Invisibility the times 3 dice face card with many other cards.

1) Player A has the times 3 dice rolled with a 3 glory points result. For Player A this is easy 9 glory Points. If Player B rolls the Mirror of the Abyss "?" result and copies the 3 glory points of Player A, does Player B get 3 glory points or the 9 glory points since the dice is multiplied?

2) Player A is the card owner of the Tenacious Boar card and gave the die face to Player B. Player A has rolled an "X3" and "?" result while Player B rolled the Tenacious Boar result. Player A copies the Tenacious Boar result with the "?". Does player A then get the card owner result 3 times from the copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For 1), I could be mistaken, but I believe the x3 doesn't actually affect the paired die itself, so anything else referring to the paired die remains unaffected.

Rather than tripling the value of the paired die, you might want to think of the "x3" face as counting as two additional instances of the resulting effect of the paired die.

But, that's just my interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Libellud Team
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
1 - Player B copy the 3 glory points face so he gets 3 glory points.

2 - The "?" first: Player A chooses which resource he wants from the boar face he copied (Sun shard or Moon shard), then he multiplies it. Then, the card: Player A chooses which resource (sun shard, moon shard or glory points)he wants for each time the face was activated (4 time, his x3 and the one time of player B).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.