Subject: Lair ability clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Carpenter
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
Is the lair considered to be the card of the place it copies?

Example: I have no discard pile, I play Lair and have it resolve. The creature token is on the Jungle. Since I have no discard pile to take back, I instead choose to copy the place of the creature token. Since the Jungle says take back "this" card and a card from your discard pile. Do i consider the Lair as "this" card and take it back to my hand or it only applies to the Jungle card and thus, I have a wasted Lair card in my discard pile when we move to phase 4?

I felt that you wouldn't be able to just get back the Lair in your hand when you copy the Jungle or even the Swamp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Th3roflwaffle wrote:
Is the lair considered to be the card of the place it copies?

Example: I have no discard pile, I play Lair and have it resolve. The creature token is on the Jungle. Since I have no discard pile to take back, I instead choose to copy the place of the creature token. Since the Jungle says take back "this" card and a card from your discard pile. Do i consider the Lair as "this" card and take it back to my hand or it only applies to the Jungle card and thus, I have a wasted Lair card in my discard pile when we move to phase 4?

I felt that you wouldn't be able to just get back the Lair in your hand when you copy the Jungle or even the Swamp.

Indeed the copy the power of a place and becomes this place. If you copy the Jungle, the Lair becomes "this card" and you take it back plus 1 card from your discard pile.

Apply the same rule with the Swamp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.