Indonesia» Forums » General

Subject: Real Indonesian Rupiah to replace paper money. $100's and $500's. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Morris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got myself enough real Indonesian currency to replace the $100 bills and $500 bills in the game. They are the 1992 revision of the currency. Out of circulation now. These bills are uncirculated. I think they match the art style of the game pretty well.

I have 2 extra sets worth of them. If you're interested PM me for my paypal info, first messaged, first served. $35 plus shipping (should be pretty cheap to ship) for a set of 30 $100 bills and 20 $500 bills.

I'll also have a few extra of each bill, if you want more than the number above just let me know, we can work it out.

Full disclosure: That would be $13,000 rupiah, which in USD is around $1. But the lowest denomination for current rupiah bills is $1000 rupiah. The cost is from buying uncirculated bills that are now out of circulation.

Here's a link to the wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banknotes_of_the_rupiah, if you scroll down to "1992: series six" you'll see them.

Also, just to mention I also use the Scythe metal coins from Stonemaier Games, which easily fills out the rest of the money in the game. Really nicely too, the scythe coins match the art style really well. Just a suggestion if you're looking to pimp your setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These were actually worth real money back in 1992 Exchange was probably around $1 USD = 2000 Rp. back then. Cool idea for pimping out your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Morris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check it out, looking good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Morris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one more set of these if anyone is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Morris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had quite a few people interested in these. I have a few more sets now if anyone else is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Morris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still a couple sets left. This will probably be the end of the shipping line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
These were actually worth real money back in 1992 Exchange was probably around $1 USD = 2000 Rp. back then. Cool idea for pimping out your game.

Funny, I was in Indonesia in December 1992 and that's exactly what I remember the exchange rate being.

If I owned Indonesia I'd definitely consider these, I am a big fan of using real money as game money whenever possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Morris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have a couple sets of these bills available if anyone is still interested. Send me a message if you are!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.