Subject: Is it purely a guessing game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
Sorry if I missed something, but I've read through the rules and I don't quite get it. You put cards on the grid where they should go, and you predict how they'll be scored. All cards but 2 are played for a 2 player game, so I'm just guessing which I think will still score. The caveat is that I'm guessing I think that this string will score as a time before it scores as a place and vise versa? And if my opponent predicts something will score as a time I might try to make it score as a place?

Really pretty game, just trying to grasp how it'll play (especially with 2p.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alex Kevern
United States
Mahopac
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zb1035 wrote:
Sorry if I missed something, but I've read through the rules and I don't quite get it. You put cards on the grid where they should go, and you predict how they'll be scored. All cards but 2 are played for a 2 player game, so I'm just guessing which I think will still score. The caveat is that I'm guessing I think that this string will score as a time before it scores as a place and vise versa? And if my opponent predicts something will score as a time I might try to make it score as a place?

Really pretty game, just trying to grasp how it'll play (especially with 2p.)

All cards get played to the board from people's hands. You know what cards are in your hand, of course, and can play them in a particular order to try to make your predictions correct. You don't know what is in your opponent's hand(s), so you'll have to deduce what they are likely to play based on the cards they've played already and where they've placed their bets. There can be quite a bit of strategy in trying to figure out what will score, when. Hope you get a chance to try it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks! That's what I thought and I can definitely see how the strategic and tactile choices. I hope I have the oppportunity to try it as well!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Martinez
Puerto Rico
Guaynabo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got it at the Renegade booth at Dice Tower Con! Looking forward to trying it with my daughter and gaming group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Fuller
United States
Phenix City
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked it up at Dice Tower Con and tried it while waiting for something else to start. To be honest- wasn't expecting much but a light card game. But it does have some thought behind it and meat to it. I wouldn't say it was all guesses. Maybe a few "educated choices" . But I enjoyed and I'm looking forward to exploring the game some more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.