Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The RtL app action for a Dark Priest was "Use Dark Prayer on the hero with the fewest conditions."

Dark Prayer reads, "Each hero within 3 spaces of this monster must test [willpower]. Each hero that fails suffers 1 [stamina].""

My question: In this instance, is Dark Prayer still limited range or can it be used on any hero on the map?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Tang
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never encountered Dark Prayer in particular, but I've seen many times in Elemental where the app specified Water affects the entire map instead of the default on the card (adjacent). So I think in your case, given the lack of contradiction, the 3 spaces restriction still applies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kal91a wrote:
I've never encountered Dark Prayer in particular, but I've seen many times in Elemental where the app specified Water affects the entire map instead of the default on the card (adjacent). So I think in your case, given the lack of contradiction, the 3 spaces restriction still applies.

That was my initial reaction, too. But given that:
1) the text of Dark Prayer oh the monster card says it affects "each hero," 2) the RtL instruction limits it to only one hero,
3) RtL never makes things easier - only harder,
and 4) most if not all other RtL that limit range explicitly state so (e.g., "engage the hero within 5 spaces with the lowest health")...

I was thinking that it is likely that this Dark Prayer instruction means any hero on the map.

If they meant it to be limited, wouldn't they have written "use on a single hero within three spaces"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this instruction in the special effects (upper part) or the action list (lower part) of the activation window? Or is it an instruction in the info panel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say in this case, since it specifies a target for what's usually an AOE ability, you'd apply the effect to that hero wherever they are on the map.

If it said something like "engage the nearest hero, then use Dark Prayer" you'd use it as normal and the AOE would apply. But sometimes the app breaks the usual rules, and this is one of those times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadgit wrote:
Is this instruction in the special effects (upper part) or the action list (lower part) of the activation window? Or is it an instruction in the info panel?

In this case, it was an instruction in the lower panel for the Master Priest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark Prayer has been changed in the Guardians of Deephall Monster set which explains this instruction.

Guardians of Deephall

Conversion Kit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I was playing with the old conversion kit card, apparently!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.