Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Van Auken
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reposting some questions I have not seen answered elsewhere concerning how to interpret the rules for military, coin, servant and wood/stone reductions on the applicable tiles. There are four specific cases we are not clear on:

1. If you place in the turn order action space(council palace) and choose to take coins as your favor, do you lose the 1 coin on the action space itself plus another 1 of the 2 coins from the favor OR do you just lose 1 of the 3 you would normally receive?
We played that you only lose 1 coin, since this all part of a single action selection and no cards are involved.

2. If you obtain a development card that provides either coins, military or wood/stone as an immediate effect via one of the top two spots that grant a bonus for this same item, do you lose 1 from the immediate effect plus 1 from the bonus OR do you just lose 1 of the total number you would receive by taking this action and placing the card on your board?
We played that you lose 1 from the card's immediate effect AND 1 from the bonus on the action space.

3. When you take the production action do you lose 1 from your personal bonus tile (in addition to the loss from each of the applicable development cards)?
We considered the items on personal bonus tile part of the production action space and reduced income for this tile along with each separate card.

4. Do the reductions apply to Leader cards?
Rules just say "from your cards", so we assumed you would lose from your leader cards as well

I would love to get some confirmation of these interpretations. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Faber
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We've been playing it the same way in all four cases - can't vouch for if the designers would agree, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Todea
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd do exactly as you did (they all make sense that way), however official clarification would be welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico W.
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This game is one of the four games being played in the Europemasters this year, so these rules-issues will certainly be adressed. If I know the answers I will post them here (if not answered here already by the designers by then).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul troke
United Kingdom
hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
The Beatles Live at the BBC
mbmbmbmbmb
We just support the church
Anything for a quiet life devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginio Gigli
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
Hello Chris,

these are good questions, and your interpretation is correct for all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Auken
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for confirming Virginio! Looks like no rest for the Wicked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavel Ranocha
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And one more case I'd like to clarify: a venture card Support to the King, when the immediate reward is 5 coins and a favor. If I choose 2 coins as a favor, how do I apply the -1 coin excommunication penalty? Do I deduct twice (5-1 + 2-1 = 5) or just once (5+2 - 1 = 6)? Based on what was confirmed here, I'd guess the second is true, since it resembles the situation in palace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.