Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing a game in which the revealed ending is Lightbearers which, among other things, says, "Characters cannot attack each other." My character also has a Warlock Quest of "Take One Life from Another Character".

Are there any ways that I can satisfy this Quest? Or do I just have to be a supporting character and have someone else satisfy the ending?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's better just to redraw the Quest to get a valid one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably true. But I'd still like to know if there's any way for me to satisfy this quest without being able to directly attack other characters. Like, if I cast the spell that makes characters change their alignment, with Lightbearers that makes them take a point of damage. But would that satisfy the Warlock Quest? Or what if I used the Assassin in the City to pay gold to do damage to a character, would that count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I believe in a thing called Death
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, why not? You're overthinking it though, drawing a new card is a much more reasonable decision to make imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for both of your responses -- I agree that it would probably be the most prudent to just draw a new quest and that is probably what I'll do in the future.

However, I'm still intrigued from an intellectual point of view. Is this quest impossible to fulfill during Lightbearers?

I actually don't think that either of the two examples I gave above would satisfy the quest. I think that if I cast a spell that changes someone's alignment and there's a rule in play that says that characters take damage if their alignment is changed -- I think that's too indirect of a way to damage someone to satisfy the quest. Also, if I pay the Assassin to hurt them, I think it was the assassin that hurt them, not me.

My bet is that "Take One Life" only refers to when you have a battle or psychic combat with another character, you win, you get a choice between making them lose a life or taking one of their objects, and you choose to take a life.

So I suspect that this quest is impossible to fulfill during the Lightbearers scenario since you can't ever get into a battle or psychic combat with another character. I'm just wondering if there's a rule/errata/FAQ that I missed somewhere.

And if this is impossible, is there a rule anywhere that says something like, "If at any time you have a Warlock Quest that is impossible to fulfill, discard it and draw a new one."?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a way, I believe.
If you have the Cataclysm expansion, there's a Denizen called Faerie Caravan, I think where another character can give you one of his lives in return for a spell, object or follower.

If he gives you one life, that means you take it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, I've never really tried this scenario.
Is it possible to win?

In a 2-player game , you only get 4 fate on the card. With so many Events in the deck, how is it possible to get to the Crown of Command before the fourth nightfall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magmaxtic wrote:
By the way, I've never really tried this scenario.
Is it possible to win?

In a 2-player game , you only get 4 fate on the card. With so many Events in the deck, how is it possible to get to the Crown of Command before the fourth nightfall?

It's definitely tough. I have won it before, but I've never tried it with just 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.