Hide
2 Posts

Bruxelles 1893» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions I could not find answers to rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lufia22
msg tools
So I read the rulebook and played through a two player game. I ran into a number of rules I was not certain on and would like to clear them up. I read through most of the topics here and did not find an answer to some of these questions, though some were answered but I'd like a second opinion (i.e. only one person answered the other thread, or it was touched on but not discussed directly).

1.) Which side of the exhibition tile is the front and which is the back? The rulebook states to place them facedown then turn over the top one. I believe the two manneken pis icons are the "front," but I originally thought it was the work of art.

2.) Is there any real point in placing the exhibition tiles in order other than theme?

3.) As far as I know, the exhibition tiles do three things: a.) act as round markers b.) give you two manneken pis icons to compete with for first player if you pass first and c.) allow you to draw more works when taking the Workshop action. Is this all correct? Do they count as "works" or anything else?

4.) If you cannot bid at least 1 BF (i.e. you have no money), you cannot take an action on the Art Nouveau board, correct?

5.) On the last round, everyone gets their normal payments for passing (# of different colors of work; +1 if you're the first to pass), correct?

6.) When scoring assistants at the end of the game, do you score the ones that were placed out on the board that round as well? In other words, do you score every assistant NOT in the courthouse minus two, regardless of if they are on the two boards or in your supply? The game says to skip the end of turn phase, which is when you would normally retrieve them, and it says to score the assistants "in his possession," but doesn't really describe what "possession" means.

7.) If you cannot pay a Public Figure, are you required to discard them, meaning that they will not count for Public Figure scoring? The rulebook never seems to explicitly state this, but implies you must discard any you cannot pay for on page 10 in the example ("[The green player] says farewell to a 4 BF Public Figure; and he loses 5VPs.")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lufia22 wrote:
1.) Which side of the exhibition tile is the front and which is the back? The rulebook states to place them facedown then turn over the top one. I believe the two manneken pis icons are the "front," but I originally thought it was the work of art.
It doesn't really matter.

lufia22 wrote:
2.) Is there any real point in placing the exhibition tiles in order other than theme?
No.

lufia22 wrote:
3.) As far as I know, the exhibition tiles do three things: a.) act as round markers b.) give you two manneken pis icons to compete with for first player if you pass first and c.) allow you to draw more works when taking the Workshop action. Is this all correct?
Yes.

lufia22 wrote:
Do they count as "works" or anything else?
No.

lufia22 wrote:
4.) If you cannot bid at least 1 BF (i.e. you have no money), you cannot take an action on the Art Nouveau board, correct?
Yes. Don't get in that situation.

lufia22 wrote:
5.) On the last round, everyone gets their normal payments for passing (# of different colors of work; +1 if you're the first to pass), correct?
Yes.

lufia22 wrote:
6.) When scoring assistants at the end of the game, do you score the ones that were placed out on the board that round as well? In other words, do you score every assistant NOT in the courthouse minus two, regardless of if they are on the two boards or in your supply?
Yes. It would be wonky if you didn't.

lufia22 wrote:
The game says to skip the end of turn phase, which is when you would normally retrieve them, and it says to score the assistants "in his possession," but doesn't really describe what "possession" means.
All of them except the ones stuck in city hall.

lufia22 wrote:
7.) If you cannot pay a Public Figure, are you required to discard them, meaning that they will not count for Public Figure scoring? The rulebook never seems to explicitly state this, but implies you must discard any you cannot pay for on page 10 in the example ("[The green player] says farewell to a 4 BF Public Figure; and he loses 5VPs.")
Yes, if you can't pay off your debt to them, they leave and you don't score points for having them at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.