Hide
1 Posts

Steampunk Rally» Forums » Variants

Subject: 2 player drafting variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Oliver
msg tools
I'm thinking of getting this game, but a common complaint I've been noticing in the reviews is that it is weak at two players due to the draft. I thought of a variant that may work, but I wanted to run it by someone who's played the game to see if it would work.

The draft would start out the same, with each person drawing the four cards of each color. Instead of taking one and passing, they would take one, discard one, and draw a card that matches the color of the card that was discarded. Then, pass those cards to the other player.

I would hope that doing this would make the draft more unpredictable, similar to a 4+ person game where you won't be getting back the same cards that you passed. It also gives you more control over what you pass to the other player.

Maybe the discard for the last pass could be optional, if it's too weird to always get dealt a random card as your last card. It might be fun to choose if your opponent gets the last card you have, or if it's going to be off the top of the deck.

I'm just brainstorming some ideas. I was wondering if something like this would work for this game. I appreciate the input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls