Subject: Any errata yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Orr
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
This game is cool, but could use some clarifications and errata. I haven't found anything though. If anybody finds anything, let me know! Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What errata do you see as necessary? I have played several times, and have not found any real problems. I am not trying to challenge you, I just want to see if I have missed anything, which is entirely possible!

We have instituted a couple of "interpretations," but they are not exactly holes in the rules. 1) We say there is no Cavalry bonus when fighting non-square infantry in woods or buildings/walls. 2) We define infantry defending in woods and uphill from all attackers as in "built up" spaces for purposes of the combat bonus.

But otherwise, we have not run into any glaring problems. But maybe we have just glossed over them!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not the OP, but just working from memory:

I had questions about brigade integrity: is there a minimum size, must they remain separated by at least one empty square, can units and/or Brigadiers be transferred between brigades, and so forth.

I also found multi-unit battles to be confusing. The theory is simple, but practical application isn't.

What's the point of the ploughed fields? They seem to be purely cosmetic.

And I had others, but I've been away from it for too long to remember the details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Orr
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was hoping for official interpretations of the style you had mentioned, Mark. One I ran into today was whether or not artillery receive the addition die when defending a BUA in close combat (artillery roll a single die like infantry in close combat). I agree with the cavalry not having the bonus against unsquared infantry in woods/BUAs. I'd like to see some sort of facing rules. I had tinkered with my own, but something official would likely be better designed. Facing forward all the time is weird with miniatures, but if the units aren't facing forward, the retreat rules kind of break. I do like this game, I just don't like house-ruling too much.

And Joe, I interpreted the rules that brigades were exclusive and not interchangeable. It is confusing remembering which infantry belonged in which brigade, though. Would be nice to have little colored attachments or trays for the bases. I didn't see anywhere that brigades had to be separated.in the few games I've played, the field ended up a real mess at times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
co1191 wrote:

I do like this game, I just don't like house-ruling too much.

I do not like house rules either. And if a game requires them to work, I simply move on to other games that do work! But this game is a little different for me. I think it does work out of the box. These issues discussed above are handled by the rules, I just sort of want them to be a little different. I bought this game expecting to house-rule because it is clearly open to such tinkering and almost begs for it! So far, I have limited myself to "interpreting" a few modifiers to add a little more Napoleonic flavor!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
VERY belated, but the official FAQ and additional rules have been posted in the file section.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.