Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was kid, the park in the neighborhood had carrom boards that looked like a maze and a golf course.

Does anybody else remember these? Anybody know where I might be able to get one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Well, I see the otherness of being other is otherwise contraindicated
badge
Who cares where it came from or whether it's correct or not? Certainly not me
mbmb
I remember the golf course carrom board from my elementary school, it was brought out with the other boards every afternoon and we could check out the carroms, sticks, and other recreational doodads from good old Mr. Warner. I still have all my L.A.U.S.D. blue ribbons from Socco. Ah, the good old days.

I have looked for that board occasionally over the years, but have never seen one for sale anywhere. Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Carrom boards are regularly available in Indian markets. A few of the small family chains here (Silly Valley/San Jose/Fremont etc) have been running a loyalty program which awards $20 carrom boards to frequent customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Well, I see the otherness of being other is otherwise contraindicated
badge
Who cares where it came from or whether it's correct or not? Certainly not me
mbmb
Well, despite the fact that India seems to have conscripted the august game of Carroms, I can't find any info on the old golf boards back in the 60's. But of course there's always the much newer

Bumper Golf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting picture, I had not seen that before. But I WAS looking for the Golf and Maze carrom boards. They were pretty cool and I'd love to get some for my kids to play over summer.

I'll just have to keep my eye out for anything. Tanks for the responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul sitko
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These guys have both the golf and maze games. Kinda spendy though.

http://www.tigerhawkgolf.com/

Also, although they seem (to me) to be fairly faithful recreations, there are some differences. Notably, the graphics are definitely different (though arguably improved.) Also, I remember the seven hole on the golf game as being a raised, conical mound with the hole at the top. On the Tigerhawk version it is a small sliver of green, barely large enough to get a carrom onto, right up against a small round obstacle which faces the tee. Still a tricky shot, but not nearly as cool as the mound was.

My brother got the golf game for his son and I've played it a couple times at his house. Pretty well-made. The paint finish covers a thin sheet of masonite. It's very slick and the carroms really move. It sure brought back memories of LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified School District) after-school programs. I'd love to get the maze version. Although, for re-playability, I'd recommend investing in a Crokinole board long before I'd recommend getting one of these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I wonder if we played this game against each other? I think you are talking about Lorne Street Elementary. I loved the game and that is how I ended up here finding your post. I have searched this game with no results until now!meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I have some "Bowling Lane" version for this 'system', it's 'Dutch', and isn't that 'weird'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Visket
msg tools
Greetings -

I just found a couple of the maze boards. Neither in playable condition, but I'm having one fixed. I'm getting a quote on restoring the other one. AND I'm getting a quote on reproducing 5 more examples...

I first played the game at Palm Lane Elementary in Anaheim. I also played the game in some LA Parks.

I hope that image worked! Once I get a quote on the reproductions, I can share with you folks whether I'll pursue that.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
esperanza montez
msg tools
I have been lokking for this board for a while for my kids. I also played these at the city parks. I do hope you do restore them they are fun to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich AcePaint

Nevada
msg tools
Did anyone ever find the original Pocket Golf board. I would really like to find one or at least a good pic. of the orignal board. Do you know how many holes on the original. I thought there were 9 but the newer version boards look like they only have 8 and a little different. If anyone could help i would appreciate it, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim cramer
United States
California
flag msg tools
put me on your waiting list to buy one. I would love to play it again with my grandkids. 818-231-9990 jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Carrom General forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ralph rendon
United States
California
flag msg tools
Mike,
I too have played this game growing up in L.A.Parks and Recreation. Would you happen to have a picture with a higher definition? If you do would you email it to me at ralphemrendon@hotmail.com. Thank you, Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Well, despite the fact that India seems to have conscripted the august game of Carroms, I can't find any info on the old golf boards back in the 60's. But of course there's always the much newer

Bumper Golf

Dude, I want this! : )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Seeker
msg tools
Mike,

Regarding the Carrom Board Maze game: I too played this game as a kid and loved it. I would be interested in purchasing the one you have, or a new one if you've found someone to reproduce them. If not, do you have a clearer picture and overall measurements of the layout, wording, specs, etc. I would like to attempt to make one for myself if one is not available to purchase. Please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian & Tavish Stone
United States
Gardena
California
flag msg tools
I've been trying to get at least an image of a carrom maze that had a sort of Dungeons & Dragons theme (it had monsters and traps and stuff anyway) that I used to play at a local park. It used to fascinate me so much even though I had no idea how to play it- I just made up my own rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tymime wrote:
I've been trying to get at least an image of a carrom maze that had a sort of Dungeons & Dragons theme (it had monsters and traps and stuff anyway) that I used to play at a local park. It used to fascinate me so much even though I had no idea how to play it- I just made up my own rules.

That sounds awesome. If you find an image, please post it

These boards look pretty cool. I may just have to make a couple. I doubt I'll ever find one to purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serena Maple

California
msg tools
Re: Carrom MAZE Boards
Hi! I've been on a wild goose chase to find a MAZE board for a LONG time. I used to be a "Rec Leader" for LA Parks and Rec. I worked at two schools in La Canada, and we had those maze games. I would love to find one/buy one. If you are selling them, please let me know. Thanks, Sharon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaleb phish
msg tools
I've found it! I've found it!!

http://www.monstermarketplace.com/fitness-supplies-and-equip...

http://www.gun3.com/Games1055405.htm

Well, I don't know how legit this is, but there they are, castle dungeon board mazes!

I played this too at the Parks and Rec I went to as a kid in southern Cali. Too funny!

zombiegooshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalebdraws wrote:
I've found it! I've found it!!

http://www.monstermarketplace.com/fitness-supplies-and-equip...

http://www.gun3.com/Games1055405.htm

Well, I don't know how legit this is, but there they are, castle dungeon board mazes!

I played this too at the Parks and Rec I went to as a kid in southern Cali. Too funny!

zombiegooshake

Wow, that's crazy expensive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nairb Sewob
msg tools
Here's some pics of a game I restored. I've also built one from scratch for a neighbor.
http://brianbowes.smugmug.com/Projects/Carrom-Maze/7817867_h...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
btbowes wrote:
Here's some pics of a game I restored. I've also built one from scratch for a neighbor.

Cool! Nice inclusion of the photos with the tape measure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nairb Sewob
msg tools
Bipf wrote:
tymime wrote:

That sounds awesome. If you find an image, please post it

These boards look pretty cool. I may just have to make a couple. I doubt I'll ever find one to purchase.

Here's one that I restored...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Squires
United States
Woodland Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I believe this is what you're looking for: http://www.amazon.com/Gamecraft-HM12500XBM-Pocket-Golf/dp/B0...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.