Hide
8 Posts

Champions of Midgard» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blame token in first round rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Howell
msg tools
Hi. Sorry if I missed this in the instructions. Say I fight the troll in the first round. In this case, I would have no blame tokens yet. If I win the troll fight, do I take a blame token out of the "bank" to give to someone, or do I just not hand one out since I don't have a blame token? So, I guess if someone fights and beats the troll every round, no one will get a blame token? Thanks for the help. Love this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt P
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You take one out of the bank and pass it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First one comes from the supply, you just take one and give it to one other player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Howell
msg tools
Cool. Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a variant that has everyone start with a blame token. I play with it every time as it gets the troll fights into the game much quicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 6
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, you will NEVER directly give another player your blame.
When you defeat a troll, you may return a blame token in your possession to the supply, and/or give another player a blame token from the supply.

Players blame others from the supply, not their personal collection of blame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Howell
msg tools
Andrew, that is a better way to think about it. I read the rules again, and it does mention putting your blame token in the supply and giving an opponent a blame token from the supply. I guess I got too caught up in passing "my blame" on to another player. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Smith
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:
When you defeat a troll, you may return a blame token in your possession to the supply, and/or give another player a blame token from the supply.

I completely agree. The icons at the bottom of the Troll cards actually depict this. There's an image of a blame token being put down (presumably to the supply) and another image of one being taken up (presumably from the supply). Note the absence of an image of a single token being passed from one player to another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.