Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
badge
Achilles and Ajax playing a boardgame
mbmbmbmbmb
Upon the end of the Confederations Cup, the national football teams continue their preparations for the forthcoming World Cup in Russia.
As part of this preparation, we were fortunate to watch a football match between France and Belgium at the Trikala Stadium "Neos Kosmos".

Hat-Trick & Hat-Trick: 'Players' Expansion

Honorary honors, the coaching duties of the two teams were undertaken by the local ones respectively

Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and
Stylianos Stragalis
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The match was a rodeo and the phases succeeded one another. The beginning was with Belgium, when Lukaku marked the 0-1 at 7'.
France replied with Giroux at 15' with a shot from outside the area and made it 1-1.
From that point onwards, Belgium, headed by Felaini (Utility 9, took control of the match and started a continuous pounding of the French defense.
There, Lloris showed his class and was stopping the Belgian shoots, as here ...

The French defense, however, was unrelated and eventually, after several occasions, Belgium with Felaini made it 1-2 at 27'.
The Belgian midfielders with their two top defensive players (Combative Mid & Defensive MD) stole the passes of the French and easily halted the French attacks, causing the opponents to be frustrated.

The game went hard, the French players began to play very aggressively, resulting twice in a yellow and red card but thanks to the leader's persuasion, who in both cases stepped forward, he took the referee by the hand, spoke to him and persuaded him to keep the cards in his pocket (see Event Captain).

The half-time ended, but the repetition did not change anything in the match pattern.

Felaini, created another classical opportunity, and Origi made it 1-3 at 55'.
France in a highly organized attack, a sample of its potential and the effectiveness of its attackers, made it 2-3 with Benzema at 65' and raised the hopes of the fans to overturn the score.
However, Belgium had the last word, and Lukaku once again scored 2-4 at 80'.

Everyone enjoyed a great match and the two teams offered a generous show. : Meeple:

The game is strongly recommended to football buddies. It combines fun, tactics and luck.
In addition to about 40 ready-made national teams, it enables players to build their own teams based on their dynamics and budget availability by selecting players with the appropriate roles and skills.
Try it, it's worth it!

P.S: Excuse any language mistakes. I used Google Translate to make the translation for my Guild's forum post written in Greek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
Hat-Trick goes online on Tabletopia. PM me if you want a learn, try or play it.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for another great match report. A goal frenzy, it might seem. I can only hope that you played Belgium this time

stepal wrote:
The Belgian midfielders with their two top defensive players (Combative Mid & Defensive MD) stole the passes of the French and easily halted the French attacks, causing the opponents to be frustrated.

I'd been thinking a lot about this combo prior to the game release, wondering how many people would go for it, considering it's cheap and pretty disruptive (especially when both silver). It sure reduces the attacking threat of your team but sometimes 1 goal might be enough to win the game. If you ever find ways to effectively counter this combo let me know. Box-to-box Mid + Combative Mid instantly come to my mind but I'd need to check it out first.

One more thing – in your last session report you wrote about the Olympiakos 0 : 0 AEK that "This match had a lot less chances indicating that we need to finetune our teams."

To be honest I think quite the opposite. As much as I love to watch high-scoring games, in my opinion they are often the result of teams getting their tactics wrong and, thus, allowing for more open play that eventually turns into shooting practice. So perhaps your team-tuning was spot on after all.

Anyway, if you ever run out of venues to play (which I doubt )or just feel like contributing in this thread, let me know and I'll post there both the lineups and upcoming fixtures so you could choose and play something.

And last but not least - thank you for being such a great Hat-Trick ambassador. Much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hat Trick wrote:
And last but not least - thank you for being such a great Hat-Trick ambassador. Much appreciated.

My pleasure! meeple
And no, I didn't play Belgium... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hat Trick wrote:
One more thing – in your last session report you wrote about the Olympiakos 0 : 0 AEK that "This match had a lot less chances indicating that we need to finetune our teams."

To be honest I think quite the opposite. As much as I love to watch high-scoring games, in my opinion they are often the result of teams getting their tactics wrong and, thus, allowing for more open play that eventually turns into shooting practice. So perhaps your team-tuning was spot on after all.

Really? Actually, I have rebuilt my team, Olympiakos, from scratch. When I test it, I'll let you know in another report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.