Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Misprint in rules on page 12-13 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I just want to point out I found a "misprint", or rather mistake in formatting on pages 12 - 13 of the Field Guide & Textbook. I was looking for an answer related to Schematics and found that the section "Team gears" on page 13 is missing the entire part with activation, slotting etc. and found it added by mistake to section "Scrap to reprogram" on page 12. I checked it with the electronic version of the rulebook for Wave 2 here on BGG and confirmed it definitely is a mistake. I took a photo of my rulebook showing what is actually going on ( http://imgur.com/a/F3Smg ). I actually wrote a ticket about it to Riot Games but it might take a while before they even answer (they have a ton of tickers pending I am sure), letting them know and requesting a fixed version of the rulebook.

I purchased the game from official Riot Games merchandise distribution as a part of Wave 2 (my number is 11836).

Anyone found that mistake too? Did I miss a post which already answered it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
I know at one point they seemed amenable to giving updated printings of things with mistakes/misprints. Not sure whether that ever happened (I was in wave 1)

David.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I am not entirely sure if it is possible at this moment. If they printed out the entire Wave 2 as one batch, all the textbooks would have this mistake. Furthermore, they probably have not printed out any extra textbooks "just in case". But I just wanted to mention it somewhere and see what happens, although a replacement would be very much appreciated.

Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
If they keep up their past support level, there'll be a rulebook update with any/all fixes available as a .pdf.

I doubt they'll send out updated rulebooks for free, especially since it's not a critical error that stops you from playing the game correctly.

Also, after comparing with my W1.5 rulebook, I can tell you that the "Team Gears" section is in the right place. The header and first paragraph of the "Schematic Cards" section is missing. It should be in the gap on the bottom left of page 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They sent out the corrected Schematics card from Wave 1 by sending out the entire Mission 7 envelope. They don't seem to cut corners and even go beyond what you would expect. That said I think that as long as the rulebook is available as a pdf then it's really not a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
They sent out the corrected Schematics card from Wave 1 by sending out the entire Mission 7 envelope. They don't seem to cut corners and even go beyond what you would expect. That said I think that as long as the rulebook is available as a pdf then it's really not a problem.

when is that going to happen? i didn't receive any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
LX1986 wrote:
Jjdelanoche wrote:

Did you contact support about your misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilGreenfly wrote:
Hi, I just want to point out I found a "misprint", or rather mistake in formatting on pages 12 - 13 of the Field Guide & Textbook. I was looking for an answer related to Schematics and found that the section "Team gears" on page 13 is missing the entire part with activation, slotting etc. and found it added by mistake to section "Scrap to reprogram" on page 12. I checked it with the electronic version of the rulebook for Wave 2 here on BGG and confirmed it definitely is a mistake. I took a photo of my rulebook showing what is actually going on ( http://imgur.com/a/F3Smg ). I actually wrote a ticket about it to Riot Games but it might take a while before they even answer (they have a ton of tickers pending I am sure), letting them know and requesting a fixed version of the rulebook.

I purchased the game from official Riot Games merchandise distribution as a part of Wave 2 (my number is 11836).

I appreciate the heads up, Phil. I've looked into the handful of Wave 2 copies I have here at the office and didn't see the error. That leads me to think it was an error that only affected a portion of Wave 2. If it's causing you any issues, just mention it on the thread for your support ticket, and we'll try to help get it taken care of.

(If your copy is from Wave 1, we updated the rulebook between the waves. That's not what you're referring to, though, as you say pretty clearly your copy is from Wave 2.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Rompot
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My second wave rulebook, which I just received this week, had the same misprint. I did a comparison to the PDF and there doesn't appear to be any missing text, just previously mentioned misplaced text (Team Gears: from Activation through Slot Schematics in the wrong spot).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mine, too. but it does not bother me as much as the errata on the schematic card and the missions in wave 1.

would have been nice to have a mistake-free version of the game though, since I ordered wave 2 especially for that reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LX1986 wrote:
Jjdelanoche wrote:

You have to contact them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
PhilGreenfly wrote:

I appreciate the heads up, Phil. I've looked into the handful of Wave 2 copies I have here at the office and didn't see the error. That leads me to think it was an error that only affected a portion of Wave 2. If it's causing you any issues, just mention it on the thread for your support ticket, and we'll try to help get it taken care of.

(If your copy is from Wave 1, we updated the rulebook between the waves. That's not what you're referring to, though, as you say pretty clearly your copy is from Wave 2.)

Hi Chris,
Riot support actually replied me in a very quick and very helpful matter and without further questions they offered me to send corrected Textbook for free. The error does not really bother me since all the necessary text is actually in the textbook (but shifted to a wrong page). However, they just asked me to keep in touch and let them know if the Textbook contains the error or not to prevent future issues. Once again, Riot support proved to be superb.

Thank you for your response too, I hope I did not bother you much with this minor issue. So far, I dig MvM, its very well done game and I have enjoyed many long-night sessions so far!

I will be looking forward to your (and the rest of Riot team's) future work =).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear - glad we helped get it sorted. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.