Subject: Carry solution for larger games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
I'm currently taking Mechs vs Minions and a few more games to a local meetup for the next couple months. MvM is a larger game (coffin box) that is pretty heavy. I have a Rothco "Military Parachute" Cargo Bag and it fits the everything, but the weight is tiring.

Does anybody have a better solution? I'm not really into backpacks these days and my initial thought was something with wheels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you frequently a lot of games, and particularly large games like MvM or TI3, etc, I'd suggest this, with appropriate foam padding added:

(image is linked)

Yes, I have one. Not for games (cause I don't share whistle ), but for tools. I take it to in-home, handyman service calls. It's maneuverable, gentle on flooring, tips much less than other types of rolling stuff carriers (only have to lift it up a few degrees and it's rolling, so all contents are basically still flat), it will go through doors, and it's HUGE.

And lockable!

They also come with an interior removable, sliding shelf (or at least mine did...) for smaller bits.

With some inexpensive foam pads and some plastic sleeves (read: kitchen trash bags), games would be safer in this than they are at home on the shelf.

EDIT: Did I mention if you get tired you can sit on this thing? It will support a human and it's about the same height as a chair.

Also, in a pinch, it can serve as the gaming table. Those tracks on the top are for 2x4s!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have one of these things. Somewhat different model, but close. Great for moving tons of games from their home in Spelets Hus http://speletshus.se/?pg=calendar (where we play games) to conventions, demonstrations and the like. I use it all the time to move other things than games, too. It folds up small.

Note: If you get one --

Go to where actual workmen buy hardware and tools for their jobs. The quality at 'consumer hardware stores' and garden stores -- around here, at any rate -- leaves a whole lot to be desired.

It is worth it to spend the extra money to get a lighter aluminum model rather than the cheaper steel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just use my suit case and roll that thing around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fiander
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cajon drum bags are pretty sweet for board games.

They're a 12" x 12" x 20" footprint, padded and with straps to use as a backpack and are only about £15. They also unzip all the way down so you can see what's in the bag without unpacking it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.