Popular Tags: [View All]
Danut
Romania
flag msg tools
badge
Board games are better than video games
mbmbmbmb
Hello !

Can you please tell me if this game is worth buying if I already have the Knizia`s Samurai?

Thank you !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd F
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I own both, but haven't played Agamemnon yet. I can at least say that they are very different games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Hole
France
Angoulême
Charente
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Confirmed, I played both several times and I love Samurai (even if I suck at it, perhaps the reason why it facinates me so much but even if they are from the same spirtual family, the thinking process is different.

Samurai is longer, more 'mathy' and agonising in the decision making, and the winning conditions are... well, it's a Knizia game more complex to sum up (for me anyway...)

While Agamemnon is more friendly when drawing tiles randomly, it goes up in compexity with the variants but without reaching the tension of Samurai. Still it can be quite difficult if both players are whilling to dive deep in the strategy. Very interesting game. You can get it you won't regret it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.