BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
TLDR: Title, I would pick New York 1901.

I would like to see fully 3D buildings, either in wood or plastic, full sized cards, and perhaps a little larger board. They'd probably have to have something carved in the sides of the buildings to show their rank and point total but I've seen some good custom versions in the forums for that game.

Story below for those who like story.

I've got to admit here I'm a bit of a sucker for components sometimes. I was "sort of interested" in Takenoko until I discovered there was a Collector Edition. Those huge tiles and bamboo components got me. The giant Panda and Gardener didn't hurt either; I needed that game suddenly, and I found one and got it. Since then I've also found out about and purchased Ticket to Ride 10th Anniversary, and I'm planning on backing the Jumbo Container re-print. I've also been amazed by the Small World Designer Edition, but that one is well past my bar for irresponsible purchases unless they do another printing at MSRP.

That all got me thinking though, there are relatively few games with Deluxe/Collector/Etc editions and I think the supersize components are just fantastic ways to play these games. It made me wonder what games other people would like to see made deluxe and large.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayo
United States
LAWRENCE
KS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For its wide success, I'm surprised that Catan doesn't have a deluxe edition with wood tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Necromunda even though it is OOP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like a Deluxe edition is a good way to bring a game back from being OOP. Heck, that's what Container is doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Whetstone
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vegas Showdown
Robo Rally
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Frick
United States
Cedar Rapids
IA
flag msg tools
The Castles of Burgundy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.

Heck, I have the El Grande Big Box and would love to swap it for a regular old just plain El Grande.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betty Boop
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see a Ticket to Ride Europe Deluxe Anniversary and/or Collector's Edition. Would match my husband's TTR USA 10th Ed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WafflesAndWorlds wrote:
For its wide success, I'm surprised that Catan doesn't have a deluxe edition with wood tiles.

Deluxe edition, resin instead of wood:
CATAN 3D Collector's Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Marl
United States
Pissburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Creature That Ate Sheboygan

A bigger mounted board and minis for the game pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WafflesAndWorlds wrote:

The Settlers of Catan: 15th Anniversary Wood Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DB
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fambans wrote:
The Creature That Ate Sheboygan

A bigger mounted board and minis for the game pieces.

And a coupon for some Johnsonville brats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Betty Lou wrote:
I'd like to see a Ticket to Ride Europe Deluxe Anniversary and/or Collector's Edition. Would match my husband's TTR USA 10th Ed.

I'm really hoping they make an Anniversary Europe edition as well. I really like the larger map, and the only drawback to the 10th anniversary game is that those nice trains don't work with the other maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Tracy
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love an upgraded The Castles of Burgundy thicker componants with an art style like Imperial Settlers or Via Nebula.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind seeing an upgraded or collector's edition of Glen More. I love the game, but the original release is pretty subdued.

As an absolutely ridiculous idea, I'd love a version of Merchants & Marauders where you fill it with water and your ships can sit in the water. They could have little docks they pull up to at the islands. One can dream right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Diplomacy. Unfortunately, my idea of a deluxe set is probably very different from Hasbro's idea... and I suspect I would hate their vision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GibbRS wrote:
As an absolutely ridiculous idea, I'd love a version of Merchants & Marauders where you fill it with water and your ships can sit in the water. They could have little docks they pull up to at the islands. One can dream right?

That's amazing actually! They could have little tiny anchors to hold them in their spaces
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
TLDR: Title, I would pick New York 1901.

I would like to see fully 3D buildings, either in wood or plastic, full sized cards, and perhaps a little larger board. They'd probably have to have something carved in the sides of the buildings to show their rank and point total but I've seen some good custom versions in the forums for that game.

Story below for those who like story.

I've got to admit here I'm a bit of a sucker for components sometimes. I was "sort of interested" in Takenoko until I discovered there was a Collector Edition. Those huge tiles and bamboo components got me. The giant Panda and Gardener didn't hurt either; I needed that game suddenly, and I found one and got it. Since then I've also found out about and purchased Ticket to Ride 10th Anniversary, and I'm planning on backing the Jumbo Container re-print. I've also been amazed by the Small World Designer Edition, but that one is well past my bar for irresponsible purchases.

That all got me thinking though, there are relatively few games with Deluxe/Collector/Etc editions and I think the supersize components are just fantastic ways to play these games. It made me wonder what games other people would like to see made deluxe and large.

You do know that there ARE 3D buildings for New Youk 1901? Available on Ebay for $35 a set, $40 if you include the Flatiron building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually didn't know that! But now I have some coming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
King of Tokyo with minis the size of the standees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Nope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Raymond
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a Deluxe version of Century Spice Road in a shipping crate "box" and includes the playmat...

Or, perhaps Deluxe/Big Box versions of games with all of their expansions (ie Dominion, Legendary, DC Deckbuilder). I understand that it'll be rather expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Nope, nothing. In every case I'd eagerly pay more for a game which wasn't dressed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see a standees version of most plastic-heavy games.

Pimping the heck out of a game might seem nice. But in the end the money could have been put to better use elsewhere, especially if it in no ways enhance the gameplay (such as plastic beads replacing the awful crystal track in Seasons)

Now with that said, an all-foil version of Aeon's End with miniatures for Nemesis, minions and characters would make me think. Tokens and breaches have already been improved, and this is my most played, and favorite game.
Phew, I'm glad it doesn't exist, I would hate to be pondering!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GibbRS wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing an upgraded or collector's edition of Glen More. I love the game, but the original release is pretty subdued.

I'm pretty sure there's a new version coming out sometime soon, isn't there?

For me, I'd love to see ANY kind of new version for Macao.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.