Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 1
Every time there is a hollow explosion, without fail I always seem to be up against HMS Invincible. DRM overload to prove wrong the namesake then crippled with no emergency modifiers for the rest of act 3... again!

Scenario 2
10 notoriety left before pariah. Lets have an adventure for two treasures. Public opinion - add a ship to every major ocean, gain 1 notoriety for each added. +5. Treasure 1 gain 2 notoriety. Treasure 2 sacrifice a resource or character. Oh please? Ok lets incite an uprising - critical pass -2 notoriety, lets do that again, critical fail +2! OMG and still 8 cards in the draw deck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Schall
United States
Evans City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last game, War Motive. On the rampage and doing fairly well. Running roughshod over much of the world. Resources getting low (esp Nemo--he is on the last one before Broken. I'm trying for some last minute incites, treasures and stalking the every growing number of warships (of many colors). The Draw deck is very short and I know the end is soon:

Bingo, the finale card--20,000 Leagues Under the Sea plus I had Nemo's Diaries in my coffers. I roll the test and fail by one, Nemo breaks. But wait, I trade in a treasure for a reroll---pass the test easily and total up the score--

drats, 197---FAILURE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Deuber
United States
Baldwin
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two games in...both defeats.

Both games I ended the game figthing the red ship Audacious. The first time, Nemo ended up broken. The second time, the act of sinking her turned Nemo into a pariah. I still call that progress.

Also, my first game, the first ship sighted and sunk was the Abraham Lincoln.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmbmb
Two games: both Imperialist Victory by running out of space to put ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1st try... Nemo the Mad Scientist
Easy-peasy till act 3... Then Hollow Explosion right after Act 3... A lot of (civilian) ships started to turn into hunting vessels... Gonna finish it today, but after first meeting with "red" ship... Till now nautilus, crew and nemo were in great shape. Now... "Close section 1,2,3,4,5 - water is pouring into living quarters!" ;P I do not track the score during gameplay, changed motive to explore (since i have a ton of treasures and some wonders) - i play for fun and adventure, not for some puny scores! Even if Nautilus will rest at the bottom of the sea - it will be my victory since adventure i lived (and died at the end probably) is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.