Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I am very happy to announce that there is going to be a second deluxe edition of Crusade and Revolution. The Spanish Civil War, 1936-1939.

Compass Games and 4Dados have reached an agreement and there will be both an English and a Spanish deluxe edition. As you may suppose, I am very pleased!

Here you have links to both editions:

https://www.compassgames.com/preorders/crusade-and-revolutio...

http://www.4dados.es/index.php?id_product=1512&controller=pr...

This deluxe edition will include an enlarged mounted map, larger counters, color rulebook and playbook, and several new optional rules, units and cards.

Note for the owners of the first edition:
Do not worry! There is going to be a new edition, but the base game will remain the same. All the new units and cards will be optional, so you will be able to play your copies without any problem.
I will just add a pair of very minor official changes to the rules (based on the feedback received along these last years), but I insist that they are very minor and adding them to the first edition will be simple. Of course I will write an update to make things easier.

Thanks to Compass Games and 4Dados for this new edition. I expect that those players who were interested on "Crusade and Revolution" and could not find a copy will be happy with this deluxe edition.

I will answer to any question or doubt. Thanks for your interest. Best,

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David,

Is the game acceptable for solitaire play? Sadly there are not many wargamers in my neighborhood...cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carthagenj wrote:
Is the game acceptable for solitaire play? Sadly there are not many wargamers in my neighborhood...cry

Hi Mark,

Card-driven games are not the best option for solitaire play, because you lose the secrecy of the hand of cards (which is quite important), but there are systems designed by some players to play solitaire.

Stuka Joe has designed a very good one that can be applied to Crusade and Revolution. Here is a video where he explains the system:
https://boardgamegeek.com/video/103553/crusade-and-revolutio...

And here is athread about the system:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1586827/using-cdg-solo-meth...

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Wargame
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yo he creado unas normas generales para los CDG con una IA que toma decisiones... para que sea casi autónoma... y se puede jugar en solitario:

Este es el enlace, pero en español:

https://mega.nz/#!KwUGXCDb!ejgg0KDYRT6OQV6P92YFkIJrbuD-QlY6m...

Saludos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For English speakers:
Antonio has also designed rules for playing card-driven games solitaire, but they are only in Spanish. That is why I have not mentioned them. They are interesting, but still not in English, sorry.

ajwargame wrote:
Yo he creado unas normas generales para los CDG con una IA que toma decisiones... para que sea casi autónoma... y se puede jugar en solitario:

Este es el enlace, pero en español:

https://mega.nz/#!KwUGXCDb!ejgg0KDYRT6OQV6P92YFkIJrbuD-QlY6m...

Saludos

Hola Antonio:

Sí, ya sabes que conozco tus reglas y me parecen muy interesantes. No las he mencionado porque me da la impresión de que la persona que ha preguntado no habla español.
Un saludo y gracias.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hello. Perhaps the new units (in the original size) and cards could be made available via an update kit (along with the updated rules and playbook) for those of us who just recently acquired the first edition? Just a wish. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are definitely cognizant of 1st edition owners and the desire some will have to 'update'.

Once we get more into the heart of the project, we'll know whether we need to offer an update kit or not, and whether it will be something 4Dados might be willing to consider.

If the only changes to the components are a change in the size (map and counters) or cosmetic (cards), then the 'update' would really only be a new, color version of the books. This could easily be offered by simply making them downloadable for those interested.

Again ... once we get more into this, we'll know more about what an update kit might entail.

-K (tentative developer for CnR Deluxe Edition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Houliston
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be very interested in the new units and the option rules (which would likely be available via download, I imagine).

C&R is a wonderful game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I expect that kevin will be the developer for this 2nd edition. I cannot think on anyone better.

First, ALL the new stuff included in the new edition will be at your disposal. Remember that the new units/cards/rules will be optional, so the base game will be the same in both editions.
We will try to make things easy for those who own the first edition and want to print the new components, or obtain the new cards through Printerstudio or similar on-line printers (as we did with the cards in Spanish time ago thanks to Niko Eskubi's kindness).

Second, having said that, I want to be clear: the possibility of an "update kit" published by Compass Games or 4Dados is highly unlikely. The budget for this edition is very tight, and there is no margin for an update kit, sorry. 4Dados has officially denied that option in Spanish.

Thanks again for your interest.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele romanelli
United States
Winnabow
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the new counters also going to be thicker? Really hope so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good news indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be wrong, but I think this is the first game from Compass that has a mounted map board. (At least none of the Compass games I have are mounted.) How thick will it be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carthagenj wrote:
I may be wrong, but I think this is the first game from Compass that has a mounted map board. (At least none of the Compass games I have are mounted.) How thick will it be?

I cannot say a specific measure, but it will be sufficiently thick, not less than 2 mm., probably more. In any case, the publishers have told me that it will have the standard quality of other good mounted boards. It will NOT be a thin cardboard, it will be a true mounted board.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! That is what I am looking for. I refuse to buy wargames with unmounted maps anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Wargame
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello David: I have already been able to translate my rules for CDG in solitary ... It's not a professional translation, but I think it's okay ... I offer them to all English speakers so they can test them.

This is the link: https://mega.nz/#!2hNXhSpA!Uq96wErzt7Cz6jFK1PIG0YSL976AL99Wm...

Greetings and thanks in advance.

Antonio.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may have missed this info in this thread, but when will the Deluxe Edition be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natus wrote:
I may have missed this info in this thread, but when will the Deluxe Edition be available?

The 2nd edition is available for pre-ordering right now -see links in the first message of this thread- and it will be published in Autumn 2017.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam H
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
Every weirdo in the world is on my wavelength
badge
We carry a new world here, in our hearts.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gentilhombre wrote:
Natus wrote:

The 2nd edition is available for pre-ordering right now -see links in the first message of this thread- and it will be published in Autumn 2017.

David

Thanks, David! And is Compass's pre-order system like GMT's? Does pre-ordering expedite the game in any way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natus wrote:
Thanks, David! And is Compass's pre-order system like GMT's? Does pre-ordering expedite the game in any way?

No, in this case the 2nd edition is going to be published in any case, but the pre-order guarantees you a copy (it will be a limited edition) and a better price.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Blofeld
United States
Ocean View
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this question sounds pedantic, but what is actually meant by a 'bigger' map? Will it physically be larger than 22"x34" (the size of the original board) or will the playing area (operational map) encompass more of the game board?

I own and very much enjoy the first edition and am very tempted to buy the second as I MUCH prefer mounted maps. If the map artwork changes in order to fit on a 22x34 surface that would actually tempt me a little more as the 1st edition map (not secondary art) is a bit bland and the connection lines could be more distinct.

In any case, congratulations on getting a 2nd edition of Crusade and Revolution printed, it is a terrific design and I'm glad more gamers will get a chance to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noiseman wrote:
Sorry if this question sounds pedantic, but what is actually meant by a 'bigger' map? Will it physically be larger than 22"x34" (the size of the original board) or will the playing area (operational map) encompass more of the game board?

Thanks, I am glad to know that you enjoy the game.

The map design for the 2nd edition will be the same, but it will be larger and mounted on cardboard. It will be approximately a 25% larger than the original paper map. And of course the counters will be also a 25% larger (5/8" and 3/4" sized counters).

Please, ask any other question or doubt you may have.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say, this is a game that DESERVES a deluxe treatment but absolutely didn't need a second edition, because the original game was remarkably (even incredibly) clean and error-free.

Congratulations David! This is very well-deserved for you and your excellent game. I honestly haven't gotten C&R to the table in the last year or so (Star Wars: Rebellion and Gloomhaven have been taking up my time), but when we turn back to wargames this is still the one we have at the top of the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gentilhombre wrote:
Natus wrote:

It's Autumn 2017. Any updates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natus wrote:
It's Autumn 2017. Any updates?

Hi Nate,

The boys from 4Dados have gone to the games convention in Essen, and that means a pause in their work. But I expect that we will finish everything in the next weeks, and that the printer will work fast.

Be patient, please. And thank you so much for your interest!

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.