Subject: Quick question about investigator decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Angela Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
I currently have 1 core, so 2 investigator decks set up, I plan on buying dunwich legacy and the 6 mythic packs that go with it as soon as it's all in stock at once. If I read correctly all the investigators in dunwich come with the cards to have all their premade decks built at the same time, if I wanted to do that for the base set as well incase someone deciding to come into the game could just grab the investigator of their choice and the deck be made I would need 3 cores correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What you heard about Dunwich is not correct. The basic decks for those investigators are mostly made up of core cards as well. What you do get in Dunwich is two copies of all of the players cards that it comes with, so you don't need two Dunwich sets to have doubles of each Dunwich card. You do need two core sets to have doubles of each core player card. A deck can have two copies of any (most) given card which is why you'd want doubles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is definitely not correct about the Dunwich Legacy, you can only have up to 2 made at once with a single core and single copy of DWL. But importantly, the Dunwich investigator core decks all rely heavily on cards from the core box. So building all 10 decks simultaneously would require something like 5 core boxes.

The cards from the Mythos packs aren't used in the prebuilt decks at all, so these don't help with that.

With 1 core, DWL and 6 Mythos packs you could fairly easily put together 5 decks at once, but you'd have to custom build them (which to me is a lot of the fun in this game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Spaulding
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not correct. It looks like you would need to use 4 cores and have a common pool of the neutrals, or 5 cores but that's getting to be a bit excessive.

For example, Zoey, Jenny, Roland, and Skids have Vicious Blow with 1 in each set, and all decks have 2 copies of Knife, for a total of 20 copies, but there's only 4 in each core.

What I've done in the past is to just have a selection of each of the 5 classes, and build a deck for each, which is far more economical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your plan to purchase Dunwich ONLY when all of the parts are simultaneously in stock MAY be a foolish one. I doubt that any given retailer will have all of them available at the same instant. The releases come, sell out, are reprinted, etc, etc.

You might want to purchase what you can now, and maybe you can have the same effect by waiting to PLAY until you have all the boxes in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
I think your plan to purchase Dunwich ONLY when all of the parts are simultaneously in stock MAY be a foolish one. I doubt that any given retailer will have all of them available at the same instant. The releases come, sell out, are reprinted, etc, etc.

yeah, the other factual corrections aside, I think you are just likely to never purchase it if that's your plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.