Subject: Late Backer question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
For people who have Late Pledges before. Is it true Late Pledgers get their games almost 3 months after regular backers? Someone just recently claimed that that is the case wheres up until then I though Late Pledges got theirs at the same time as everyone else provided they did it very early on into the Ks campaign and finalized their pledge manager before it closed and their packing slips were generated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is late pledges get their stuff after everyone else. Often times retail get theirs before late pledges do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duomaxwell007 wrote:
For people who have Late Pledges before. Is it true Late Pledgers get their games almost 3 months after regular backers? Someone just recently claimed that that is the case wheres up until then I though Late Pledges got theirs at the same time as everyone else provided they did it very early on into the Ks campaign and finalized their pledge manager before it closed and their packing slips were generated?

In my experience there is a gap between delivery of late backers and KS backers.

I received a late pledge 8 months after everyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
mbmbmbmbmb
I late backed a couple of CMON KS before, i always did so close to the campaign end (because i wanted to pay via paypal) and always filled the pledge manager in time.

I always got mine with the other german backers.
If you fill in the pledge manager in time, you should be fine (and be processed with the regular backers)

Edit: Late Pledges i did:
Blood Rage
B-Sieged
Zombicide: Black Plague (i also got the Base game around Christmas, like everybody else)
Rum & Bones 2
and Massive Darkness (obviously not there yet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mb
Like Heisenbrain, I've backed late before and got the package about the same time as others. I was on time with the survey, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Cheow
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
It depends on how late you are. If you backed fairly soon after the campaign ends you usually get them the same time as backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed Arcadia Quest: Inferno about 3 months after the close of the kickstarter (but long before the close of the pledge manager) and received it at the same time as everyone else. As long as you didn't leave it till the last minute you're probably fine.

Although given that they made a huge deal about some people not closing off their pledge managers I'd imagine you're probably fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
I think you're confusing late backing and locking your pledge in late. If you lock your pledge in late you risk having your copy shipped later than everyone else whether you late backed or pledged during the kickstarter. If you lock everything in on time CMON makes no distinction between late backers or pledges during the kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
cormor321 wrote:
I think you're confusing late backing and locking your pledge in late. If you lock your pledge in late you risk having your copy shipped later than everyone else whether you late backed or pledged during the kickstarter. If you lock everything in on time CMON makes no distinction between late backers or pledges during the kickstarter.

No Im not confusing the two at all infact even I agree with what you say however someone else claims they did all that with Arcadia Quest (even has the PM screenshot to prove his said Shipment Phase 1) yet didnt get his til 3 months after everyone else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
duomaxwell007 wrote:
cormor321 wrote:

No Im not confusing the two at all infact even I agree with what you say however someone else claims they did all that with Arcadia Quest (even has the PM screenshot to prove his said Shipment Phase 1) yet didnt get his til 3 months after everyone else

You have to ignore the shipment phase part of the screen - it is pretty meaningless. What cormor321 says is correct: If you are a late backer in that you missed the KS but got in before the cutoff, you will be lumped in with the rest of the backers. However, if you are late to lock in (or take advantage of late-late-late backing like I did on Blood Rage), then you will be way behind everyone else.

Edit to add: Also, there are always people who fall through the cracks - it sounds like this is what happened to the person you mention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
paedia wrote:
duomaxwell007 wrote:
cormor321 wrote:

You have to ignore the shipment phase part of the screen - it is pretty meaningless. What cormor321 says is correct: If you are a late backer in that you missed the KS but got in before the cutoff, you will be lumped in with the rest of the backers. However, if you are late to lock in (or take advantage of late-late-late backing like I did on Blood Rage), then you will be way behind everyone else.

Edit to add: Also, there are always people who fall through the cracks - it sounds like this is what happened to the person you mention.

Also, while there are some who really do slip through do to CMON's errors, you should take the people who say they locked their pledge in on time, but got their game late by no fault of their own with more than little salt. I'm not saying people lie about their own mistakes to legitimize their internet complaining about this company or that company, but... well actually that is what I'm saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm a late backer, and my understanding is that all pledges, late or otherwise, are shipped in one wave. My pledge manager even states, "shipment phase one". I don't think you have anything to worry about...except how long its taking to get to us in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delta_flyer21 wrote:
I'm a late backer, and my understanding is that all pledges, late or otherwise, are shipped in one wave. My pledge manager even states, "shipment phase one". I don't think you have anything to worry about...except how long its taking to get to us in the first place.

"Shipment phase one" actually has nothing to do with when you will get your pledge. If they split up the order and ship part of your shipment out first, they would add a "Shipment phase two" for the rest of your items (like they did for Black Plague when they sent the base game out early)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Hale
United Kingdom
HULL
N/A
flag msg tools
Not with CMon stuff, I late pledged Zombicide Season 2 and got it at the same time as everyone else.
Also with late pledges you still fill out the pledge manager at the same time as other backers so it should not make any difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
California
flag msg tools
My understanding is that it really comes down to if your pledge manager was completed before packing slips were generated. If you are a late backer who gets his pledge manager invite and completes it before the packing slips are generated, then your order will be included in the initial shipments. If you are a regular or late backer who does not complete his pledge manager in time there will be a delay of at least few months. Some late late backers (like myself) are on a list but have not even gotten our pledge manager invite yet.

In any case, CMON should be able to tell you if your order has shipped if you email them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.