Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
When the Nautilion wins the Collision, can I recover a Mage Token, rather than just a 1-9 numbered Crew Token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Another related question, does the Mage's Cabin count as the Nautilion? It must in my opinion, which is likely why I'm confused if it's just Crew Tokens, or Mage Tokens as well that I can recover when defeating the Phantom in the Collision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the English rules, when it talks about the Nautilion and the mage's cabin, they are always mentioned as though they are separate entities. In section 3, phase 4 of the Mercenaries expansion, when the Phantom lands on a Mercenary token, it says that you must discard a token (from the Nautilion, the reserve, or the mage's cabin).

Since it does not specifically mention the mage's cabin when you win the collision like it does elsewhere, I take that to mean you cannot place a token on the mage's cabin when you win the collision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timxrb wrote:
Since it does not specifically mention the mage's cabin when you win the collision like it does elsewhere, I take that to mean you cannot place a token on the mage's cabin when you win the collision.

I get the same impression looking over the manual. However, what does bother me about this is that the reward for winning the collision is that you can take any token. It does not say numbered token, which would be an easy way to clarify that mage tokens are not permitted. I have a torn mind about which is actually correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Durkin
United States
Corte Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
timxrb wrote:

I get the same impression looking over the manual. However, what does bother me about this is that the reward for winning the collision is that you can take any token. It does not say numbered token, which would be an easy way to clarify that mage tokens are not permitted. I have a torn mind about which is actually correct.

To be exact, this is not quite correct: you cannot take "any" token.

On page 14 of the rules, "you may choose to place the token from the discard pile face up on the Nautilion instead". One clear example, you cannot place a Mercenary token back on the Nautilion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadi Torbey confirmed that I was correct in my interpretation of the rules. Rock on!
Shadi Torbey wrote:
Hello Yoki,

Thank you -I'm happy that you enjoy Nautilion.

Indeed, the Mage's Cabin counts as the Nautilion. So, if you win the encounter, you can retrieve a Mage token and place it in the cabin.

Sincerely,

Shadi Torbey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Thanks for the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Durkin
United States
Corte Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
Shadi Torbey confirmed that I was correct in my interpretation of the rules. Rock on!
Shadi Torbey wrote:
Hello Yoki,

Thank you -I'm happy that you enjoy Nautilion.

Indeed, the Mage's Cabin counts as the Nautilion. So, if you win the encounter, you can retrieve a Mage token and place it in the cabin.

Sincerely,

Shadi Torbey

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing this. By the same logic:

1) Can a Mercenary be placed in the Mage's Cabin (prior to Collision)?

2) For Heroic Actions 6 and 7, can the recovered tokens also be placed in the Mage's Cabin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadi Torbey
Belgium
Bruxelles
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
durkinphd wrote:

2) For Heroic Actions 6 and 7, can the recovered tokens also be placed in the Mage's Cabin?

1) No

2) Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Durkin
United States
Corte Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goblintrenches wrote:
durkinphd wrote:

1) No

2) Yes

Thank you for the clarifications. Nautilion is a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the responses! I purchased this game a couple of weeks ago and am loving it! The questions here were all on my list...

Great game! Can't wait to get back into it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.