Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many Kairic Acolytes should I have and, more specifically, how many adepts should I have? I feel like I made a mistake. When I was assembling the models I thought the guide said there was only 1 adept so I thought I had to choose which adept I wanted between Vulcharc, the Scroll of the Dark Arts or Cursed Blade w/Arcanite Shield. Under the Acolyte section there are rules for all three. So now I feel I made too many regular acolytes and should've made the other two adepts. Does that make sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dorian Mogos
Serbia
Beograd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's fairly clear if you read a free-to-download Warscroll for the Acolytes. Speaking strictly about the ten Acolytes in the box:
There is only up to one Adept;
Up to three Acolytes may cary a glaive;
One other Acolyte may have a Vulcharch;
One other may have the scroll;
The remaining Acolytes may wield either two blades or a blade and shield.

So, if you want a motley crew:

1 Adept with blade and shield;
3 Acolytes with glaives;
1 Acolyte with Vulcharch;
1 Acolyte with scroll;
2 Acolytes with two blades;
2 Acolytes with blade and shield;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then I definitely misunderstood the assembly instructions. I thought each of those 3 variations was a version of the adept that you had to pick. So either the adept had the cursed blade w/shield or the scroll or the vulcharc. Well that sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
cbarchuk wrote:
Then I definitely misunderstood the assembly instructions. I thought each of those 3 variations was a version of the adept that you had to pick. So either the adept had the cursed blade w/shield or the scroll or the vulcharc. Well that sucks.

No. They are variants, but using different pieces, so you can make them all.

All is not lost. If you used superglue, pop those models in the freezer, and then carefully snap off the bits you did wrong. If you used plastic glue, you can cut them off.

To get your scroll of the dark arts, all you need to do is find the model that uses the same body as the dark scroll variant (components 34 and 33). This model is 12b in the assembly guide. If you followed the guide exactly, he has dagger 35 held over his head. You just need to remove that dagger and replace with the scroll.

Same with the vulcharc: Find the body that uses components 27 and 26 (it's 12c in the guide), cut off arm 28 (assuming you followed the guide), and replace with the bird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I made the same mistake - only built one Adept with the scroll, no vulcharch. I think this could have been made clearer.

I'm not going to hack the built models now, I might just get an extra vulcharch-ready body from somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.