Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As there is no entry here on BGG yet, I wanted to ask this here.

You can activate this card to do one of 2 things. Either playing a card from your hand to this card adding resources, or doubling resources on a card already there.

First all, can assume you can store multiple cards under it, as card states
'Cards here' and 'on a card here' ?

But more importantly, where do the resources come from when adding to it or doubling ? From your supply, or from the extra game supply ? Im likely to wager its from the game supply or else why would it be useful otherwise since your just paying it all in the end anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you add resources to a card, they come from the bank of resource-tracking cubes. Animal resources work that way, science resources work that way; I see no reason to think that these unspecified-type resources work any other way. And as you mentioned, if you did take them from your own supply (and from which one? Money, steel...?) the card would be very underpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Mai
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you put the exact text? If it's not here as a BGG listing nor in the base set then I'd imagine we would not be intimately familiar with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Action: Reveal and place a SPACE OR BUILDING card here from hand, and place 2 resources on it. OR double the resources on a card here.

Effect: Cards here may be played as if from hand with its cost reduced by the number of resources on it."

Just noticed the number mismatch in the second half. Should be "A card".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Goldfarb wrote:
"Action: Reveal and place a SPACE OR BUILDING card here from hand, and place 2 resources on it. OR double the resources on a card here.

Effect: Cards here may be played as if from hand with its cost reduced by the number of resources on it."

Just noticed the number mismatch in the second half. Should be "A card".

You can store several cards but only one per generation, and if you don't store a new card you can double the resource on one card per generation, which makes storing more than one card more or less overworked. You need to consider that the value of the resources need to grow enough to be play worthy to actually gain most.

If you put a card with cost 20 there, you would need one generation to put the card there and then one generation each to grow to 4, 8 and 16 to actually gain most, which is a total of four generations before playing it. This means that you could usually get the benefit from the card one (6-7 generations) to three (12 generations) times during a game. If you put a more expensive card there, you would need more generations to charge the card.

Oh and remember that part of the payment is to reveal your card which can make others try to prevent your gain from the exposed card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Cobalt
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question is why isn't there an entry for this card yet? Or for Penguins?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow this card sounds awesome...ME WANT IT!

It reminds me of some card abilities in Netrunner lol...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a thread on Self-Replicating Robots here where Jacob answered the first question - yes you can load the Robots with multiple cards in parallel (but you can only "work on" one of them at a time, as Örjan pointed out).

As for your first question, that's just a general rules thing - whenever any resources are put on a card, you take the cubes from the general supply. It's the same for Self-Replicating Robots as it would be for Birds, or Decomposers, or Physics Complex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.