Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just need to confirm this with other people:

Quote:
When you gain Influence, you always earn the total Influence depicted at the tops of the Noble and Ship cards in your Portfolio (i.e. on the cards in the top row)

So, when I gain influence from a reward when building a store or opening a public building, I also gain influence from ships and nobles in my portfolio, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition and Máquina
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Those two are rewards with influence.
There are only two ways of gaining influence. By building a ship and by pleasing the marquis during a church scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The envelope icon with no number is the Gain Influence icon, which means to total the ships and nobles in the top of your portfolio.
An envelope with a number in it just gives you that number's amount of influence, period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!! I thought that might be the case but that "when you gain influence" had me thinking whenever influence was gained.

One more follow up question, will clerical tiles that give bonus influence give that bonus when receiving influence as a reward or only when "gaining influenced" from boats and nobles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks again everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gaining Influence mechanism is a bit tricky. While the benefit of buildings ships is pretty obvious, it forces players to consider paying attention to the clergy as well. Brilliant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It states in the player aid that clergy tile #7 also applies when receiving influence as a reward. I’m interpreting this as 3+2 for 5 total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.