Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Wooten
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello friends!

So, we just had a game of BatHoHH. 4 players. We drew #33, An Invocation of Darkness. I was the traitor.

So... our basement layout, when the haunt happened, consisted of the basement landing and only two other rooms (the haunt happened REALLY early!). One room was the Pentagram Chamber. One room was the Furnace room. They were separated by the landing.

I beelined for the Pentagram Chamber. My second turn, I had summoned the Elder God.

The way things ended up, was the Elder God (me) and two heroes in the Furnace Room. I killed the hero who was holding the book, so it fell to the floor. The other hero in the room, on their next turn, wanted to pick up the book and throw it in the furnace in a single turn.

My take was that the hero could pick the item up, but couldn't throw it into the furnace as that constituted doing "any action associated with the object" after picking it up (as per the rule book).

The hero in question felt that the haunt description - which says you can use a movement to throw the book into the furnace - trumps the rule cited above.

Any thoughts on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally you'd be right, but the Haunt description trumps the rulebook, so the Hero should be able to pick up the book and throw it in the same turn (if he has a point of movement to do so).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Daye
Canada
flag msg tools
We played this to an unwinnable condition for the explorers last night.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The winning condition states to get the book and then take it to either the furnace room or the chasm. Our basement had no more doorways to connect, and the last two cards that were unused? Furnace Room and Chasm.
We were pretty disappointed in the result, especially since it was our first time playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Semicharm
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
sonician wrote:

The winning condition states to get the book and then take it to either the furnace room or the chasm. Our basement had no more doorways to connect, and the last two cards that were unused? Furnace Room and Chasm.
We were pretty disappointed in the result, especially since it was our first time playing.

I believe the rules address this, 2nd edition anyway. If the room drawn can't be played without blocking the last open door on the current floor, draw another room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Joy
msg tools
semicharm wrote:
sonician wrote:

I believe the rules address this, 2nd edition anyway. If the room drawn can't be played without blocking the last open door on the current floor, draw another room.
Also, if all remaining tiles would seal off the floor, the current player rearranges the floor until there are more free doorways. -Pg. 9 rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.