Kingsburg» Forums » General

Subject: Reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a copy of Kingsburg and it's great.

However, I see the expansion has been OOP for quite some time. With a new edition of the game coming out, does that mean FFG will never reprint the original ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard the 2nd edition will include it in the box. Doubtful the 1st edition expansion will be reprinted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Clevider wrote:
I heard the 2nd edition will include it in the box. Doubtful the 1st edition expansion will be reprinted.

I was afraid of that and it makes logical sense. Hunting down a 1st edition expansion will not be very easy.

It's weird that the FFG website shows both the base game and the expansion as "Awaiting RePrint"

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

I wonder if there has been any official news about the 1st edition possibly getting some love? Has anyone out there heard anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
R2EQ wrote:
Clevider wrote:

I was afraid of that and it makes logical sense. Hunting down a 1st edition expansion will not be very easy.

And this is why I bought extra copies of both the base game and expansion a year or so ago, when the ugly reprint was announced. My wife and I play KB so much that I expect we'll eventually wear down the board, cards and pieces enough to need a new copy. And I want that copy to be the pretty one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gciscell wrote:
R2EQ wrote:
Clevider wrote:

And this is why I bought extra copies of both the base game and expansion a year or so ago, when the ugly reprint was announced. My wife and I play KB so much that I expect we'll eventually wear down the board, cards and pieces enough to need a new copy. And I want that copy to be the pretty one

Just wanted to give you a big cu dose! I wish I had done this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
gciscell wrote:
R2EQ wrote:
Clevider wrote:

Not many people do that so you may be smart. If I need another copy, I'd buy the 2nd print anyway, as it's not that ugly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.