6 Posts

Between Two Cities» Forums » General

Subject: Retheme? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Hawke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is really intriguing, but the art and design seems to be pretty bland. Anybody know of any re-themes that worked or might work? As a game owner, any thoughts on the difficulty? Assuming I picked up the game and grabbed some custom tiles to replace it 1:1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's your preference for retheming it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hawke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure Was curious if anybody had any clever ideas like "this would totally work as..." I guess you could probably retheme it to a specific era with some cool art fairly easily, but wondering if anyone who has played thought of something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattHawke wrote:
Not sure Was curious if anybody had any clever ideas like "this would totally work as..." I guess you could probably retheme it to a specific era with some cool art fairly easily, but wondering if anyone who has played thought of something.

I have no problem with the theme. What I would recommend is a deluxe version of the game that uses high-quality plastic miniatures like Big City.

Depicted in the image of Big City pieces are residences (houses), businesses (offices), shopping malls, factories, churches, banks, cinemas, post offices, parks, and streetcars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of hard to juggle the tiles to choose two...and keep them secret?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:
Kind of hard to juggle the tiles to choose two...and keep them secret?

That's what's why it would have to be the 'deluxe' edition -- you don't replace the tiles -- you just add the plastic for the display.

I'm sure there are folks who wouldn't mind spending top dollar/Euro for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.