John Ellis
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yucatan Peninsula

Ziggurat
Increase damage dealt by Environment Targets by 1.

Sacrificial Altar
Whenever a target is destroyed place it beneath this card. At the start of the Environment Turn if there are (H)x3 beneath this card. GAME OVER. The heroes lose the game.

Militia 3HP
At the end of the environment turn this card deals the non environment target with the lowest HP 2 Projectile Damage.

Corrupt Federales 4HP
At the end of the environment turn the player with the most cards in hand may discard 2 cards, if not this card deals that Hero 4 Projectile Damage.

Special Ops 7HP
At the end of the environment turn this card deals the 2 Targets with the highest HP 2 Projectile and 2 Fire Damage.

Berserk Native
6HP
When this card enters play it deals each target 1 Melee Damage. One hero may deal themselves 2 Melee Damage to flip this card.

Shaman 4HP
At the end of the environment turn destroy a Target with less than 5 HP. One Hero may skip their power phase to flip this card.

Stealthy Blowgunner
3HP
At the end of the environment turn this card deals the 3 Non-environment targets with the lowest HP 1 Toxic Damage. One hero may skip their play phase to flip this card.

Greedy Miners 3 HP
The hero with the highest HP cannot deal damage while this card is in play. One player may skip their draw phase to flip this card.

Fleeing Adventurer 4HP
No Hero cards can be played. At the end of the environment turn if (H) cards are discarded flip this card.

Riverboat Tour 5 HP
If this card is destroyed heroes must destroy (H) hero ongoing and/or equipment cards. At the end of the environment turn one player may deal themselves 2 Melee Damage to flip this card.

Earthquake
Destroy all environment cards in play. Each Target takes X Projectile Damage where X is the number of environment cards destroyed.

Deadly Tree Frogs

Each non-environment target in play takes 1 Toxic Damage. Any Hero that takes damage this way must discard a card.

Those #&*!@ Monkeys!

Any hero with equipment in play must discard 1 equipment card.

Monsoon
Heroes cannot play cards or use Powers while this card is in play. At the end of the environment turn one player may discard their hand to destroy this card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ellis
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is an environment I worked on a while ago and finally got tweaked to where I like it. Its designed to be part of the backstory for my villain Estrangular and for Hatefuldarkblacks Nagual hero , also my Torch hero, and his villain (forthcoming) General Rampage. Sort of a central american themed location.

Before anyone asks, yes, the flip mechanic is intentional, allowing you to limit what cards are sacrificed to the altar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Pro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Woo! You've given so much more ethos to Nagual than I ever did. This looks awesome.

Specific comments below.

Talkalots wrote:

Sacrificial Altar
Whenever a target is destroyed place it beneath this card. At the start of the Environment Turn if there are (H)x3 beneath this card. GAME OVER. The heroes lose the game.

I'd suggest adding some sort of mechanic to get rid of this card. Otherwise, players will lose if they don't have an Environment destruction card, and immediately destroy it if they do.

Quote:

Berserk Native
6HP
When this card enters play it deals each target 1 Melee Damage. One hero may deal themselves 2 Melee Damage to flip this card.

I like the flip mechanic, but you need to specify when this happens. Is it also when the card enters play?

Also, this doesn't seem to do anything once it's out.

Stealthy Blowgunner
3HP
At the end of the environment turn this card deals the 3 Non-environment targets with the lowest HP 1 Toxic Damage. One hero may skip their play phase to flip this card.

Quote:

Greedy Miners 3 HP
The hero with the highest HP cannot deal damage while this card is in play. One player may skip their draw phase to flip this card.

This one is really nice. Dangerous effect I haven't seen anywhere before. My only concern is that skipping a draw phase is not much of a price -- they may disappear too quickly.

Maybe the Blowgunner could flip on the skipped draw phase and the Miners could flip on a skipped play phase?

Quote:
Fleeing Adventurer 4HP
No Hero cards can be played. At the end of the environment turn if (H) cards are discarded flip this card.

I think you need to note "At the end of the environment turn, any player may discard any number of cards. If (H) cards are discarded, flip this card.

Quote:

Deadly Tree Frogs

Each non-environment target in play takes 1 Toxic Damage. Any Hero that takes damage this way must discard a card.

You need to specify that the effect happens when the card comes into play, and probably that the card is destroyed at the end of the environment turn.

Quote:

Those #&*!@ Monkeys!

Any hero with equipment in play must discard 1 equipment card.

Likewise on this one.

Quote:
Monsoon
Heroes cannot play cards or use Powers while this card is in play. At the end of the environment turn one player may discard their hand to destroy this card.

Suggestion: This one is sort of a drag right now. Someone has to discard their hand, because it's so harsh. But discarding your hand typically puts one player out of the action for a few turns.

As-is, it might as well read "One player must discard their hand."

Suggest "discard all but one card" instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Malecki
United States
Ruskin
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On monsoon I would suggest "the players may discard (h) cards, if they do destroy this card." Putting the whole burden on one player is harsh. Also discard your entire hand or even all but one is worse if you have 4 cards not somuch if you have 2. All the players should discard, this way, everyone is hurt but not to badly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
I'd add that Monsoon seems to sort of have a false choice - no one is EVER going to put up with a card that keeps you from playing card or using powers, so it is just always going to be discard cards. The one exception I could think of is if it gets played during the Villain turn (Rook City is Mine or Disrupt the Field) in which case it's going to give your players a monumentally dull round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.