Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Reznicek
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a game to play with my wife and possibly others in my family. I'd like it to be cooperative. I'd like it to be medium weight. I'd like it to be small-size that plays in 30-60 minutes. I'm thinking maybe some type of card game(?). Open to about any theme.

We already have:
- Hanabi (we like it fairly well, on the light side)
- Pandemic (my wife and I like it, it's a bit bigger than I'm looking for here)
- Escape: The Curse of the Temple (too crazy for my wife, kids and I love it)
- Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game (one of my favorites, bit on bigger side)
- Shadows over Camelot (love it, just finished painting minis, bit on bigger side and longer playtime)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
forbidden island
forbidden desert
burgle bros

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you already have Pandemic, but Pandemic: The Cure, the smaller yet still thematic (and faster playing) dice version, would work well here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FUSE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Grizzled
Samurai Spirit
Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game is popular, though I have to say I hate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 The Grizzled
Les taxis de la Marne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike De Groote
Belgium
Heist-op-den-berg
antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can only think of 1 Just now
Shadowscape

smal modular and coop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If you're willing to get a game 2 player only as well check out The Ravens of Thri Sahashri. It is really unintuitive in terms of the ramifications of what you do not being apparent until far in the future, but once you get the feel for the things that make it unintuitive also means there are a lot of levels to think about, it has the right length, and is generally failry inexpensive. As for size it depends if you are looking for a small game box, or small table footprint. It does great on the former, not so much on the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beyond Baker Street takes Hanabi and turns it up a notch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Reznicek
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

How about Onirim or the other games in that universe? Any good for 2 players or just one? And any fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Reznicek
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I ended up getting The Grizzled. I've now played it twice as 2 player (won first game, lost second game) and once as a 4 player game (lost). The advice here helped as did advice as my FLGS. It was a good choice for what I was looking for. If you have any other recommendations to make (or feedback on the omniverse games) feel free to still comment below. BTW I did forget to mention in my list that we do own Forbidden Island which was wisely suggested by Scott. Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.