John Ellis
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmb
General Rampage 75 HP
Mechanized Assault

Setup: Search the villain deck for The Garage and put it into the villain play area.

If there are no vehicles in play immediately flip this card.

General Rampage is Immune to Damage.

At the end of the villain turn play the top card of the villain deck.

General Rampage 75 HP
Furious Gearhead

When a vehicle enters play immediately flip this card.

Increase all damage dealt by General Rampage by 1.

At the end of the villain turn General Rampage deals all hero targets X projectile damage, where X is the number of vehicles in his discards plus 1.

The Garage (Indestructible)
Setup: Place this card in play the garage side up. Shuffle all 5 vehicles from the Villain deck and put 1 into play. Place the other vehicles beneath this card.

At the start of the villain turn if no vehicles are in play, place a random card from beneath the Garage into play.

Vehicle, (HP Targets) x5

Moto! (9 HP)
Increase all damage dealt by villain targets by 1
At the end of the villain turn this card dealt the hero target with the lowest HP 1 Melee Damage.

Swamper! (13 HP)
The first time each turn a villain target would be dealt damage redirect that damage to this card.
At the end of the Villain turn all villain targets regain 1 HP

Off Roader! (11 HP)
When this card enters play, immediately play the top card of the villain deck.
At the end of the turn this card deals all non villain targets 2 Projectile Damage

Chopper! (9 HP)
At the end of the villain turn this card deals the hero target with the second highest HP 3 Projectile Damage, if a hero character card takes damage this way that hero must skip their next turn.

Buster! (15 HP)
This card is immune to projectile damage.
Reduce all damage dealt to Vehicles by 1.
At the start of the villain turn this card deals the hero target with the highest HP 2 Fire and 2 Projectile Damage.

Minion, Mercenary x 3

Commandos (4 HP)
At the end of the environment turn this card deals the hero target with the lowest HP H-2 damage.

Captain Murph (7 HP)
At the end of the Villain turn all minions regain 2 HP.

Mechanic (4 HP)
At the end of the Villain turn the vehicle with the lowest HP regains 3 HP.

One-Shot x16

Salvage Yard
Move all vehicles in the villain trash back under the Garage.

Explosive Malfunction
Destroy 1 vehicle in play. General Rampage deals each target 3 Projectile and 1 fire damage.

Press Gangs
Move all minions from the Villain trash into play.

Demolition Derby
If there is a vehicle in play destroy it, General Rampage deals all hero targets 2 Melee Damage.

Counting the Cost
General Rampage deals the hero target with the highest HP X Melee Damage where X is the number of minions in the villain trash.

Mechanical Upgrade x2
All villain targets in play regain 2 HP. General Rampage deals the hero target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.

Headlong Assault x2
General Rampage Deals all targets 2 melee and 2 projectile damage. Any targets reduced to 1 HP are destroyed.

Drunken Celebration x2
General Rampage regains 5 HP, each minion in play regains 1 HP. Play the top card of the villain deck.

Ganging Up x2
Each Villain target in play deals the hero target with the highest HP 1 Melee Damage.

Motorhead x3
If there is a vehicle in play it regains 3 HP, General Rampage deals the non villain target with the second highest HP 3 fire damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Pro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Fun! The cards all look pretty solid with no glaring balance problems. The flavor looks amazing! Vehicle Villain! Super fun!

(At first I thought he might be like a robot vehicle villain A LA Transformers, which would have been fun too and I may do something with instead.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ellis
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmb
I actually had a similar thought as I was mulling this one over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pugh
United States
Fairborn
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It looks tough - the focus is really going to be on single-target damage, since you can't hit the general while a vehicle is in play and then the next one automatically comes out on the villain turn.

Buster looks particularly hard to deal with. Reduce damage by 1 and immune to projectile damage (so no Tactical Shotgun damage without ammo). The 15 hp body might be a little much considering that AND the high damage output - compare Condemnation (11 hp with reduce 1, 3 melee damage).

Maybe I'm just a wimp but with these vehicle stats I wouldn't tackle the General without tricks - Into the Stratosphere with villain deck discard, Cedistic Dissonant, etc. But maybe I'm underestimating a good team's damage output.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ellis
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think with some playtesting that I might lower his HP if it's too nasty to survive. Playtesting cards coming soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean, you basically have to fight your way through 57 HP worth of vehicles, 15 of that with DR, and maybe you can get a few pot shots off at him. Once you have, you're free to beat on him. Unless he plays Salvage Yard, in which case, 57 HP worth of vehicles again.

He's only got the one, so it's not horribly beneficial to him, but it's absolutely going to turn the tide of the game if it comes up late. This seems like it would be an incredibly tough, perhaps tiring, and definitely frustrating fight, as-is.

Thoughts on specific cards:

Talkalots wrote:
Swamper! (13 HP)
The first time each turn a villain target would be dealt damage redirect that damage to this card.
At the end of the Villain turn all villain targets regain 1 HP

There aren't a whole lot of targets in this deck. The General is immune to damage, there's like, what, 3 Minions? And there won't be any other Vehicles in play with this one, so the redirect is kind of pointless.

Talkalots wrote:
Chopper! (9 HP)
At the end of the villain turn this card deals the hero target with the second highest HP 3 Projectile Damage, if a hero character card takes damage this way that hero must skip their next turn.

I really do not like this. Can't play cards? Fine. Can't use powers? Okay. But skip your turn? You can't even draw two cards, you're just out for a round. It kind of sucks to be this hero. And if this is the first Vehicle and your biggest hero has a lot of HP, they could take a couple rounds to have a turn. (And if it's late in the game, you could make sure whoever it is has a card that would destroy itself at the start of their turn; hope you like Take Down for a couple rounds!) I'm not sure what effect you're going for, flavor-wise, but I'd stick with either no plays or no powers.

Talkalots wrote:
One-Shot x16

Like I said earlier, he's only got the one Salvage Yard (which is fine), but a lot of these one-shots are one-offs, so you're not likely to see them in a game. You might want to consider paring them down somewhat so the play is smoother, and maybe tone things like Salvage Yard down.

Talkalots wrote:
Counting the Cost
General Rampage deals the hero target with the highest HP X Melee Damage where X is the number of minions in the villain trash.

Might want to make this Minions plus 1, just in case there aren't any.

Talkalots wrote:
Motorhead x3
If there is a vehicle in play it regains 3 HP, General Rampage deals the non villain target with the second highest HP 3 fire damage.

This feels like the kind of where it would be "If there's a Vehicle, it regains HP. If not, then he deals damage."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ellis
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmb
So if we feels like chopping through all the vehicles is rough how much HP is fair? 35?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.