Subject: Second and third rounds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game and I'm excited to play. I just want to be sure about one rule. In the second and third rounds the Forensic Scientist (FS) only exchangesa single tile each round. So starting with one location, one cause of death and four scene tiles. By the end of three rounds you've only seen one location, one cause of death and six scene tiles in total.

Is that correct?

Thank you,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sort of. You don't have to exchange tiles if you like what you drew, so could end with one cause of death, one location and 4 scene tiles, not 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
By the end of three rounds you've only seen one location, one cause of death and six scene tiles in total.

Is that correct?

Thank you,

Yes ... if there are no instruction tiles in the 2nd or 3rd draw, then you have only used 8 tiles in that game (the location, the death, the four original scene tiles, and the two drawn scene tiles that replaced previous scene tiles).

isellsunshine wrote:
Sort of. You don't have to exchange tiles if you like what you drew, so could end with one cause of death, one location and 4 scene tiles, not 6.

Incorrect. The rules do not give you the option to not exchange tiles (ie, it explicitly states you discard an old tile).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome thanks.

So eight tiles in three rounds to determine the murder, evidence and cause.

Sounds fun. Can't wait.

P.S. I love the idea of changing the level of play simply by adding or reducing the number of cards given to each player. Simple and clean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.