Subject: Starting decks with 9 and 11 cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not my copy. This belongs to a club I'm a member of, so the board sees many hands.

The first time I played this, we had Ron with 9 cards. At first we figured that maybe one of his cards was stuck in one of the future game boxes.

But today my wife and I played, and we found Neville had 11 cards. They all are labeled Neville. Neville has eight influence cards while Ron has six. It seems like one of the influence cards may belong in Ron's deck even though the name is Neville?

I wondered if it was intentional, but the rulebook keeps emphasizing 10 cards, and I don't see any complaints about that here, so it sounds like this copy is defective and that we should stick one of Neville's influence cards to Ron's? Should everyone have seven?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, each starter deck should have ten cards.

Complete card count and listing. (It's Spoilerific!)

You can sort the spreadsheet above by year and look at all the year zero cards to see what you should have and/or are missing. It sounds like you may be able to just put one of Neville's Alohomora cards into Ron's deck and still have a working copy. But that is just a guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Each starting deck (of the 4 Heros in the base game, at least) should consist of the following:
- 7 Alohamora cards (a spell giving you 1 Influence)
- 1 Ally card (that hero's pet/animal companion/whatever, gives you the choice of either gaining 1 attack, or healing yourself for 2 health)
- 2 (different) Items

Gamewise, moving the extra Neville Alohamora card into Ron's deck should suffice just fine. Though I'd suggest shooting an email, facebook message, Owl, or whatever to USAopoly explaining the problem. There's a good chance they might be able to send you a Ron Alohamora card replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve H
msg tools
I had the exact same problem (an extra Neville Alohamora in place of a Ron Alohamora). For a while I just played with the mismatched set, but eventually I contacted USAopoly to request a replacement. I received it (plus a promo card) within a week.

Customer Service Link:
http://usaopoly.com/game-care-customer-service-inquiry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.