3 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Red Panda Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin

Oregon
msg tools
My 10 y/o son is really into making games and created the following hero decks from the Red Panda series about a year ago. I've finally gotten around to uploading them per his request.

The Red Panda is a radio drama from Decoder Ring Theater (https://decoderringtheatre.com/). If you get a chance, I recommend listening to the series.

Red Panda Deck:

Flying Squirrel Deck:

All feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne Huovinen
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice for a 10-y.o. For Legendary purposes, most of these are overpowered and/or overpriced.

What is the rarity system for these? There seem to be multiple rares for both Heroes? Are both still 14 cards as all other Legendary Heroes?

I'll go through them one-by-one:

Red Panda common 1: Overpowered, nothing in Marvel is this strong at this cost without a drawback. Suggestion: modify ATTACK to 3 and give Teleport a COVERT trigger.

Red Panda common 2: In normal Legendary this card would have a COST of 2. Suggest modifying.

Red Panda rare 1: This seems ok, would give card a small RECRUIT value (2-3) as well.

Red Panda uncommon: For an uncommon, avoid COSTs of 7 or higher. At COST 6 this seems ok.

Red Panda rare 2: Too low a COST for the effect and a rare card. Suggest rising COST to 7 or even 8.

Flying Squirrel common 1: This is borderline fine, nothing like this has been printed as it overshadows Maria Hill. Usually this would COST 3 with an additional beneficial triggered ability or COST 2 with RECRUIT 1+ with a way to boost RECRUIT.

Flying Squirrel uncommon 1: Each Fly card? Each other Flying Squirrel Hero? Hero that flies in the picture? Text is confusing, consider revising and after that dropping ATTACK to 3.

Flying Squirrel rare 1: Seems fine for a very high cost rare. Personally would drop ATTACK to 5 here.

Flying Squirrel rare 2: Balanced ok, a bit useless in the late game for a rare card.

Flying Squirrel rare 3: Balanced ok.

Flying Squirrel uncommon 2: Lacks drawback, consider dropping RECRUIT value to just 3 instead of 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin

Oregon
msg tools
Thanks for the detailed review.

They are both 14 card decks. When he initially created them, he had an abundance of ideas that he just dropped into legedit. He was insistent on these and really liked his powerful cards.

The fly cards are a reference to the Flying Squirrel’s fly cards, which can be clarified.

With a third parties feedback I think he will be more open to balancing them out a bit. We did some serious damage when playing with his decks during play testing :-).

Thanks,
Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.