Smash Up» Forums » Variants

Subject: New Batman Themed Custom Faction: BatFreaks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Scherer
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi Guys I just recently got Smash Up and love it! this is my first attempt ever to create my own custom faction and would appreciate all advice and help. This faction is specifically oriented only towards Heroes in the batman universe. I also will be working on a faction oriented towards the villians:

- 10x Minions (total power 30, average power 3):
o 1x Power 5 - the "King Minion" – The Bat (Ongiong: is -2 power on every other player’s turn and if destroyed by another player destroys every minion of its attackers in play)
o 2x Power 4 – Girlbat – (talent: place the top card of discard pile into hand)
o 2x Power 3 – Red Hoodie (ongoing: if would be destroyed by a minion ability goes back into players hand)
o 4x Power 2 – Bird Boy (Players must discard 1 card after destroying Bird Boy)
o 1x power 3 – The Blue Baton (+1 on every other players turn, -1 on your turn, Go through discard pile select any card of one name and place all of them in discard pile in hand)
- 10x Actions:
o 2x Some Action – Zero Year (look through discard pile and reorder it in any way).
o 1x Some Action – Batmobile (play on a base anytime one of your minions is moved to or from this base, it gains +1 power)
o 1x Bat Voice – Play on a base all others players minions have -1 on this base.
o 1x Some Action – Death in the Family (Special: Play after any bat person is destroyed + plus 2 power to all minions in play until the end of your next turn)
o 2x Some Action - Oracle – special: before a base scores you may move any 2 minions power 3 or less to it)
o 1x Some Action – Because I’m Batman!!! (ongoing: choose one other’s player’s minion and cause it to be unable to be affected by any player’s cards until the start of your next turn)
o 1x Some Action – Batmobile (Move one minion to any base)
o 1x Some Action – You Rang Sir? (+2 power to each of your minions)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amadeus-Dorian Zalmanovici
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
o 2x Some Action – Zero Year (look through discard pile and reorder it in any way).
Why is this so useless? just because of girlbat this is too situational

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Gosnell
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kudos for the minion names. They align perfectly with the theme and the way Smash Up parodies things.

I'm struggling to find a theme within the deck. Most factions combine two unique elements in their gameplay. It looks like your juggling three: drawing from discard pile, own minion movement for bonus power and opponent penalty incurred for destroying your minions. I think you'd benefit from refocusing the theme of the deck. For example, gameplay could be structured to model detective work, strategic planning, crisis aversion, teamwork, gadgetry and so on. All things that Batman and the Bat Family excel at.

Zero Year - The rules state anyone can look through any discard pile at anytime. Additionally, members in our group frequently rearrange their own discard piles mostly to put cards on top as reminders (Tenacious Z, Spectre etc.) Unless we're playing wrong I think it's legal to do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Neville
msg tools
There is a survey on their website. In it you can suggest decks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.