The Fiend
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, getting 3 multi-colored Planeswalkers was good but only 4 total was bad. Then you got 4 Heroes which is cool but 2 of them are interchangeable in ONE Army = Sorin's!!! WTF?
Then, you only get 2 Glyph's instead of the 4 that came in ARENA. Instead of more terrain you get these really hokey Cryptoliths which break the climbing rule. If they can make these why not plastic (instead of cardboard) trees and obstacles instead.

Now here comes the "you've got to be kidding me" part. You only get 4 terrain boards but they are also double sided and guess what? When you flip them over you can't attach them to the boards in ARENA or the front side of these same boards! They couldn't make the pattern universal???? WTF?

As a stand-alone I think this game sucks next to ARENA but they did straighten out a few annoying rules (not the LOS rules they are still annoying so I use normal miniature LOS instead). I'm only glad I can add the miniatures, 4 boards, 2 Glyphs, extra dice and hit markers to ARENA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fiend
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL! I was so aggravated by this game I accidentally posted this to the 1st expansion on my 1st attempt. Corrected thanks to a polite post from a fellow game geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.