ben dubby
msg tools
So.. I'm playing a solo game of Talisman with 15 characters (it's taking ages to play but it's a lot of fun!)

One of my characters decided to buy a spell from the Sorcerer Space. Other shops either tell you what you can buy at what prices (e.g. the stables) or it tells you to draw the cards from the shop's deck. E.g. the Apothecary says "Pay 1,2 or 3 gold, then draw x Cards for each gold you paid."

However, there is not mention of drawing the top card off of the spell deck... so isn't this a bit like visiting the sorcerer and he's massively powerful and capable of casting any spell and asking him for the spell you want?

Or, am I reading too much into this.

My character spent 2 gold to cherry-pick the deck for the spell "Acquisition" and took the spellbook from another character. This is a pretty slick move as the spellbook costs 6 gold... so it's like getting it for 4 gold cheaper and stealing it from someone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pay 2 gold > draw the top card of the spell deck

Being able to pay a mere 2 gold to get EXACTLY the spell of your choice is horribroken.
Generally you only search when a something specifically says you can search.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Beijer
msg tools
mb
But in the next shop over one can buy scrolls for 1 gold with the same result? Why pay 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usmanov wrote:
But in the next shop over one can buy scrolls for 1 gold with the same result? Why pay 2?

As a quick answer: There are only three(?) Scrolls in the game. Maybe someone is hoarding them, so you can't buy what isn't there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.