Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xavier
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On my last game, I played Thorgate, and got thoose cards:

-Standard Technology: -3M€ on global projects, taking the increse of energy production to 5m€
-Physics complex: Pay 6 energy to place a science ressource on a card givin 2VP per ressource
-Can'ts remember the name: Transform as muche energy as wanted to M€
-Equatorial Magnetizer: Decrease energy production by 1 to increase TR by 1

I lost by 4 VP, but I lost with a pleasing M€/VP frenzy machine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
Majami wrote:
On my last game, I played Thorgate, and got thoose cards:

-Standard Technology: -3M€ on global projects, taking the increse of energy production to 5m€
-Physics complex: Pay 6 energy to place a science ressource on a card givin 2VP per ressource
-Can'ts remember the name: Transform as muche energy as wanted to M€
-Equatorial Magnetizer: Decrease energy production by 1 to increase TR by 1

I lost by 4 VP, but I lost with a pleasing M€/VP frenzy machine.

That sounds awesome surprisesurprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Casey
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've done the thorgate+standard technology+equatorial magnetizer before and it is quote nice. I think you may have been better off letting your extra energy become heat. Paying 5 to earn 1 income seems like a not so great ROI and the heat would get you some tr points and income.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JRe: A nice combo
Sirusx715 wrote:
Paying 5 to earn 1 income seems like a not so great ROI
Really? That seems pretty good to me considering that it is also a VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
Sirusx715 wrote:

I don't think he is talking about TR. He means using energy as money via the project card (I forget its name), while energy production costs 5 (via standard action power plant + Thorgate + standard technology).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Furry Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sirusx715 wrote:
I've done the thorgate+standard technology+equatorial magnetizer before and it is quote nice. I think you may have been better off letting your extra energy become heat. Paying 5 to earn 1 income seems like a not so great ROI and the heat would get you some tr points and income.

What it is good for is playing certain cards early that you have almost enough MC for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talmanes wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
Sirusx715 wrote:

I don't think he is talking about TR. He means using energy as money via the project card (I forget its name), while energy production costs 5 (via standard action power plant + Thorgate + standard technology).
Well he mentioned that he had played that particular combo before which included the equatorial magnetizer. And with that combo you're not paying the five bucks to increase your energy production just so you can spend that energy with the card that lets you convert energy to money... you're spending five bucks to increase your power production to use equatorial magnetizer to increase your TR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
Well he mentioned that he had played that particular combo before which included the equatorial magnetizer. And with that combo you're not paying the five bucks to increase your energy production just so you can spend that energy with the card that lets you convert energy to money... you're spending five bucks to increase your power production to use equatorial magnetizer to increase your TR.

Hmm yes, right you are. So in that case it actually does come out as TR. I didn't think that one all the way through shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gomeril Gnak
msg tools
Tharsis Republic, Immigrant City, Standard Technology, Mars Rover, Pets, Martian Rails. That's a nice combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.