tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking good! Just got the base game last week, so I should probably be looking into getting some character expansions in preparation :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Cross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you will be disappointed by the characters. Get all of them in a bundle if you can. They effectively feel the same as not having characters but offer variation in your starting health, two special cards that are in play from the start (one trashable and one re-useable) along with a few class-specific cards in your starting deck. It is pretty well executed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
slant wrote:
I don't think you will be disappointed by the characters. Get all of them in a bundle if you can. They effectively feel the same as not having characters but offer variation in your starting health, two special cards that are in play from the start (one trashable and one re-useable) along with a few class-specific cards in your starting deck. It is pretty well executed.

A lot of people were disappointed though. They create imbalance in PvP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Cross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
A lot of people were disappointed though. They create imbalance in PvP.

I could see that. I suppose I intended to speak primarily to the player's experience of the game when it comes to taking on the role of a character versus the core set in terms of aesthetic, story and new mechanics (the two cards that you get from the start).

I'm glad you brought this up as I didn't really intend to speak to balance at all. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.