Popular Tags: [View All]
Esben Meulengracht Flachs
Denmark
Copenhagen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The situation as follows:

Turn 8, first action sequence. The CP broke through the Allied trenches at Cambrai in D3, by outnumbering 3:1 and forcing a retreat (Spring offensive rule), then used a Stosstruppen and made a breakthrough move into (empty) Arras in C03.

Additionally, the Americans in G05 wiped out an ill advised CP attack in G05, leaving the space empty in the CP turn.

Now at the start of the subsequent first allied action sequence, what happens?

My reading of the rules suggests that CP blocks must be placed in hexes: C02, B02, B03 and C04 (this one is placed). And further a new block into G05.

Is that correct ?

Bonus question: Could the Americans in G06 have used a Tank counter to make a breakout move in the CP action sequence?

A picture of the situation:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Esben,
First let me confirm to be certain, the CP blocks that are standing were revealed, or placed during the CP action phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
Esbenmf wrote:

Additionally, the Americans in G05 wiped out an ill advised CP attack in G05, leaving the space empty in the CP turn.

This is great news for you! The system was designed so that the "Bot" would make imperfect moves.

Esbenmf wrote:

Now at the start of the subsequent first allied action sequence, what happens?

My reading of the rules suggests that CP blocks must be placed in hexes: C02, B02, B03 and C04 (this one is placed). And further a new block into G05.

From the image I assume there is an off camera SP block or blocks in hex D01 given that it is CP controlled.

I also assume that in every hex with a block standing, the CP revealed themselves with an attack since you have not resolved aerial recon yet. If that is not the case it's important to lay them down as not to confuse which hexes have had a single block revealed and which have not.

New CP blocks would only go into CP controlled hexes thus G04 and F04 are the only ones I see. The would be placed during aerial recon or movement.

Esbenmf wrote:

Bonus question: Could the Americans in G06 have used a Tank counter to make a breakout move in the CP action sequence?

No they could not breakout during the CP turn but now they may advance into those hexes via normal movement (since there is no CP block in G05). This is a golden opportunity since much of the CP SPs remain revealed (due to their attack you know where they are) thus less are likely to appear there. If you can hit it hard and achieve a breakout, you have a shot a winning!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esben Meulengracht Flachs
Denmark
Copenhagen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. And the spaces with more than one CP block had combats.

The airplanes are because I started the allied action sequence and then came in doubt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.