Adam Birch
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello All,

Just 2 quick questions if I may:

In the Co-operative game, can a Hero assist another Hero who is part way through claiming an Artifact? If so, does that Hero have to complete their own set of Dangers to catch up to the Hero or do they proceed from the currently adventuring Hero's position?

With the Poisoned Food Cliffhanger (Choking For Breath), if I fail the Cliffhanger, do I take D6 Wounds and then get Ko'd or continue onward? I am a little confused as a failure of a cliffhanger sends you back to your starting city whereupon you recover lost Wounds so the D6 loss is moot?

Many Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Vitali
Italy
Casalecchio di Reno
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adman96 wrote:
Hello All,

In the Co-operative game, can a Hero assist another Hero who is part way through claiming an Artifact?

Sure!

Quote:
If so, does that Hero have to complete their own set of Dangers to catch up to the Hero or do they proceed from the currently adventuring Hero's position?

... it's the second: the helper proceed from the currently adventuring position.

Quote:
With the Poisoned Food Cliffhanger (Choking For Breath), if I fail the Cliffhanger, do I take D6 Wounds and then get Ko'd or continue onward? I am a little confused as a failure of a cliffhanger sends you back to your starting city whereupon you recover lost Wounds so the D6 loss is moot?

Many Thanks!

I would say that if You fail a Cliffhanger Your quest is over (in the worst way) and Your hero is KO'd...
... maybe that card (I do not have it in front of me right now) have some *special* rules writtent into it, like: You take D6 of Wound but then You can proceed with Your quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Birch
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sbaracleto wrote:
adman96 wrote:
Hello All,

In the Co-operative game, can a Hero assist another Hero who is part way through claiming an Artifact?

Sure!

Quote:
If so, does that Hero have to complete their own set of Dangers to catch up to the Hero or do they proceed from the currently adventuring Hero's position?

... it's the second: the helper proceed from the currently adventuring position.

Quote:

Many Thanks!

I would say that if You fail a Cliffhanger Your quest is over (in the worst way) and Your hero is KO'd...
... maybe that card (I do not have it in front of me right now) have some *special* rules writtent into it, like: You take D6 of Wound but then You can proceed with Your quest.

Hi Alberto

Thank you for the quick reply and clarifying the Co-operative question!

In regards to the Choking For Breath Cliffhanger, it is a Cliffhanger, Treachery and Poison card and states "Take D6 Wounds (ignoring Defense)".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Vitali
Italy
Casalecchio di Reno
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adman96 wrote:
Hi Alberto

Thank you for the quick reply and clarifying the Co-operative question!

In regards to the Choking For Breath Cliffhanger, it is a Cliffhanger, Treachery and Poison card and states "Take D6 Wounds (ignoring Defense)".

I looked here:

http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index.php?title=Card:Choki...

... and, as far as I know, that card seems to be not "wery well written".

For me the Danger part of the card is clear:

"You can do a Cunning test at 5+ with a single success needed (the X)
- OR -
Take a D6 of WOUNDS (without any defence... You already ate the food)"

The Cliffhanger part would have been better if written as:

"Yep...it was poisoned alright. You're KO'd"

So, for me, it is useless to take another D6 of wounds, because You failed the Cliffhanger.

... but, maybe, I'm wrong and I'm not getting something here.

*** EDIT ***
Yes, I was wrong. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adman96 wrote:

If you are able to take d6 wounds and not be KO'd then you pass the cliffhanger, otherwise you are KO'd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Vitali
Italy
Casalecchio di Reno
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
adman96 wrote:

If you are able to take d6 wounds and not be KO'd then you pass the cliffhanger, otherwise you are KO'd.

Yup, You're totally right.
I was going to edit my reply... but You were faster than me

So, regarding the Cliffhanger part of the card: first You roll a D6 and subtract the result directly from Your current Wounds.

- If You are still conscious (some Wounds are still present after the poison made its job) the Cliffhanger has PASSED!

- If not, well, You're KO'd

and, obviously, You only enter the Cliffhanger if You fail Your Cunning test (failing the Wound test means that you're already KO'd)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Birch
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you Alberto and Chuck for the clarifications!

I had thought it was survive the Wound loss then carry on but as it was a Cliffhanger, it lead automatically to a Ko'd. Badly worded card.

Thank you both again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sbaracleto wrote:
and, obviously, You only enter the Cliffhanger if You fail Your Cunning test (failing the Wound test means that you're already KO'd)

The Danger side of the card only has you make a check against your current health. You don't take any wounds on the danger side of the card. The roll is a d6 check against your current health. So, if your full health is 5 and you are carrying 2 wounds, you would have to roll a 1 or 2 to pass the danger portion of the card. It's a test of how well you could power through the poison. If you're already partly wounded you stand less of a chance of powering through. However, if you're at full health this might be the easiest way to pass this danger.

Here's a screenshot of the wiki:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Vitali
Italy
Casalecchio di Reno
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Birch
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Many thanks!

Another question if I may, when you roll for First Player and someone rolls a 1, do they:

(a) Draw the Event Card immediately?

(b) Draw the Event Card when it's their turn?

We assumed immediately but would like to get it clarified.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adman96 wrote:
Many thanks!

Another question if I may, when you roll for First Player and someone rolls a 1, do they:

(a) Draw the Event Card immediately?

(b) Draw the Event Card when it's their turn?

We assumed immediately but would like to get it clarified.

Thanks again!

Draw immediately and also resolve any "Play Immediately" effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Birch
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.